Author Topic: Amorphous  (Read 1351 times)

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Amorphous
« on: July 03, 2015, 09:07:10 PM »
Amorphous
An ooze-themed racial track rife with... amusing... circle names, Amorphous was a logical choice when planning out Monster Guide tracks, although its early draft came comparatively late in the active development cycle.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 09:18:12 PM by Mystify »
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Amorphous
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 09:13:48 PM »
I think the resistance at 2nd circle is a bit early, especially with the upgrade. lesser resistance all as a 2nd circle by 4th circle seems a bit off to me. Not sure its actually a problem. solidify on top of that makes me wonder, though. on the other hand, the  6th circle is underwhelming. The 7th circle needs a boost- it pulls in enemies that are pinned or grappled, but most of the time that doesn't exist. You may personally inflict it, but in that case they are already in your melee range and you just de-grab them. The track also could use some rewording, specifically in regards to the love spreads.
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

Regitnui

• Elite
  • Father of the Four
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Amorphous
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 07:13:30 AM »
What about, at C6, your Love Spreads (eww) upgrade to automatically grapple anyone in range? Kinda like the [entangled] is so bad they have to fight their way out of it. This allows C7 to continually drag the opponents closer; they are pulled in on your turn, and C6 traps them at the end of their turn if they stay in your Love Spread (yeugh).

At the end of their turn, all opponents within your Love Spread at the end of their turn become [grappled]. They take no damage from this [grapple].
Sebrica - The House of Corners
A Homebrew Campaign Setting