Author Topic: Devil  (Read 1541 times)

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Devil
« on: July 03, 2015, 09:07:49 PM »
Devil
A racial track to complement Demon and Celestial, Devil was conceived for a never-developed module and then transitioned over to the Monster Guide queue.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 09:20:51 PM by Mystify »
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

chaos_redefined

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Devil
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 11:41:07 PM »
You kind of touch on this in the track, but there isn't really a common trend indicating how to use this.  It deals [Cold] damage a lot, but other than that, there doesn't appear to be much in common.

So, to set it apart, I'm gonna tack on a SLA in revenge theme...  mostly due to lack of anything else.

First circle stays as is.  Perception is good for SLAs, so, that seems fine as is.

Second circle:
ParanoidSU: Enemies who attempt to use the in-combat use of a social skill against you take damage with the [Cold] descriptor equal to your level + your KOM.  If that enemy damaged you since the beginning of your last turn, that enemy has its speed reduced by 10 ft.

Third circle, As I March gives [Teleport] pretty quickly, so I'm gonna suggest just offering Tale of Revenge, and making the following modifications:
As an immediate action, when an opponent would take an offensive action against you, that opponent takes a -3 penalty to saving throws against abilities originating from you until the end of your next turn.  The opponent may choose to negate this by taking a -3 penalty on all rolls made as part of the offensive action that triggered this ability.

Fourth circle, you gain the following abilities:
Cold Hate, Warm Blood: Whenever you would affect an enemy with a spell, spell-like ability or supernatural ability, if that enemy damaged you since the end of your last turn, that enemy takes damage with the [Cold] descriptor equal to your level.
Under the Ice SLA: Keep as is.

Fifth circle: Leave as is.

Sixth circle:
Where Death Seems to Dwell: Make it attack one person per round, that person must have damaged you since the end of your last turn, and it applies to spells, spell-like abilities and supernatural abilities, rather than attacks.
Blackened stays as is.

Seventh Circle: Keeper of the Keys, stays as is.

This is now a secondary offense track to take alongside Elementalist, Tactician Spellcasting, Shaman Spellcasting, Arcane Lore, etc...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 10:42:10 PM by chaos_redefined »

Tim4488

• Elite
  • Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 11:48:31 PM »
I get your picks for Paranoid for fluff reasons, but mechanically I think it probably makes sense to just have it apply to all Interaction skills including Perception.
"MY BLADE THIRSTS FOR MORE LEGEND." - Valixes

My homebrew.

chaos_redefined

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 12:10:38 AM »
Was torn on it.  I'd be willing to add Perception in.