Author Topic: Divine Beast  (Read 1674 times)

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Divine Beast
« on: July 03, 2015, 09:08:12 PM »
Divine Beast
A retool of the old Unicorn track from My Little Legend, Divine Beast was not ready to be put into the core rules. The Monster Guide was felt to be an appropriate place for it.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 09:20:25 PM by Mystify »
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

chaos_redefined

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Divine Beast
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 08:25:44 PM »
First Circle: Seems fine as is.  Comparable to Assassin, but keyed off in-combat interaction skills.  Might be limiting making it reliant on you using the skills, and other people's attempts don't count...

Second Circle: Impale is comparable to Heroica C2.  Insight is a weaker version of Sentient Construct C3.  Both should be fine.

Third Circle: Can we please write an alternate Demon SLA list?

Fourth Circle: This should be optional.  While it's not gonna be common, there are circumstances where you might want a status.

Fifth Circle: Compared to Path of Destruction C7...  should this be damage based on your KOM instead of your level?

Sixth Circle: Seems fine

Seventh Circle: More powerful than some other C7's, but I don't think it's a notable increase.  Power creep?

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 09:18:37 PM »
fifth circle: I think level is fine. Compare it to pressure, a 2nd circle ability.
seventh: they are trying to avoid more straight resurrection, and instead offer more interesting variations. This does offer a nice attack, but you are down half your hp compared to a straight res. Other circles will get you a standard action at this time, every encounter, so it seems in line.
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

chaos_redefined

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 10:42:43 AM »
Missed the half hit point thing.  That should be fine then.