Author Topic: Force of Nature  (Read 1831 times)

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Force of Nature
« on: July 03, 2015, 09:08:57 PM »
Force of Nature
One of the first post-beta tracks to be conceived, Force of Nature was originally scheduled to be a racial track for elementals, treants and similar entities.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 09:19:33 PM by Mystify »
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

chaos_redefined

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Force of Nature
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 12:26:09 AM »
First circle: Fine as is.

Second circle: At low levels, armor bonus is weaker.  At higher levels, save bonus is weaker.  Make the save bonuses scale.  (+1 for every odd circle?)

Third circle: Option one might need a cap based on the original size.  For example, Elemental Ball goes from 20 ft -> 55 ft.  Hammerfall from Arcane Lore C1 has similar problems. Option two makes me worried how high we can push save DCs.  Option three is fine.

Fourth circle, option 2 is potentially stronger than Acrobatic Adept circle 5.

Fifth circle, option 2 is weird given the track so far.  [Resistance] from people you affected with a SU/SLA/spell might be more appropriate?

Sixth circle, seems fine.

Seventh circle, should affect the opponent who dealt you the killing blow.  As stands, I can get revenge on you by hitting people other than you?

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 01:32:27 PM »
acrobatic adept 5 avoids /all/ AoOs, this is only from movement.

resistance from people you affected wtih a SU/SLA/spell favors mass attackers heavily, such as an air elemental who can gust the battlefield.

chaos_redefined

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 07:48:03 PM »
Most AoOs come from movement.  You get the occasional one from casting, and this definitely helps with that, but yeah...  It's somewhere around 80% of it.  Additionally, if you can avoid the ones from moving, and you can move to a spot that is outside the enemies reach, then you don't need to worry about them AoO-ing you when you cast.

And yes.  Resistance from people you affected encourages mass attackers.  Don't see anything wrong with that.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 09:49:46 PM »
Casting and ranged attacks both benefit greatly. Even if you avoid the ones from moving, it requires your to move, while many charactes would love to spend the move doing other things. No AoOs ever is a distinct step up.

Its more that mass attackers get a huge benefit, and single attackers get a relatively minor benefit. This track should work for them too.