Author Topic: Ancient Conspiracy  (Read 1252 times)

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ancient Conspiracy
« on: July 17, 2015, 01:04:14 PM »
Ancient Conspiracy
A draft of a possible structure for the proposed Ancient Conspiracy track intended for the Magic Book, assembled by Timeless Error toward the end of Legend's active development.
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

rejectedreality

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Ancient Conspiracy
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 03:29:30 PM »
The concept of this track is super awesome, but there's a looot of work left to get it to a usable state.

While pretty much all of the strategems look like they have some really fun, awesome potential so far, some of the abilities do look rather problematic, at least from a "What effect would this have, exactly?" standpoint. Specifically, I mean the Take 'Em Out ability from It's a Trap. Suuuuper cool idea, but how does that work? Does the GM run a special combat for that? Do they just look at the operative you put together, and handwave the result? How useful is this, exactly?

Also, comparing Knew It Would Happen to Esoterica Radica's capstone, it seems to me like this effect is strictly superior, and you'll have numerous other capstones to choose from. Then again, it's possible that Comprehensive Analysis would have offered less in other ways, but it just something I figured I'd point out.