Author Topic: Wrath  (Read 2141 times)

chaos_redefined

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Wrath
« on: July 22, 2015, 06:13:06 AM »
So, the rage track is definitely good.  This is not a complaint about it's power.  But...  it's not exactly inspiring the image of someone who's gonna kill you because he's angry.  So, here's the Wrath track.

KOM switches to Strength, unless KDM is already Strength.
Bonuses from this track are [Fury] bonuses.  You know the deal.  Check out original rage if you don't.

Circle 1 - Don't Tick Me Off: When an enemy deals damage to you, you may treat that enemy as a [Victim] until the end of your next turn.  At the beginning of your turn, if there are no [Victims] alive, you may treat one enemy who harmed one of your allies as a [Victim].  You gain a bonus to attacks against [Victims] equal to the number of circles you possess, and a bonus against damage against [Victims] equal to your level.

Circle 2 - Hunt Them Down: At the beginning of your turn, you may take up to two 5 ft steps.  Both of these must be toward a [Victim].

Circle 3 - You Won't Like Me When I'm Angry: For each [Victim], the first turn you successfully attack them, they must make a will save (DC 10 + lvl/2 + KOM) or become [Shaken] for one [Round].

Circle 4 - Focused Anger: Once per [Encounter], as a swift action, you may stop treating any number of enemies as [Victims].  For each enemy affected this way, you gain a +5 bonus to damage against [Victims] for the remainder of the current turn.

Circle 5 - Wrong Move, Buddy: For one round, whenever an enemy successfully attacks you, after the damage is dealt, they take damage equal to your level

Circle 6 - Beg For My Forgiveness: For each [Victim], the first attack you make against them each round is treated as the Trip combat maneuver.

Circle 7 - Die, Scum: Twice per [Encounter], as a swift action, the next attack you make against a [Victim] this round deals additional damage equal to 5 times your level.  This is a [Death] effect.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 08:42:11 AM by chaos_redefined »

Epsilon Rose

• Minion
  • The King of Unrest
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Wrath
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 12:26:17 AM »
A few critisism:

C1: You say this is easy to evade, but I'm not sure that's actually true. Either someone damages you, meaning it doesn't get evaded; no one damages you but they damage one of your allies, meaning it doesn't get evaded or they don't damage anyone, meaning they don't have an offense, which is even worse.

C4: I'm not sure how useful this will actually be for players, given that it requires multiple enemies to focus fire on you and neither you nor your enemies dying before you can use your ability.

C5: This has the potential to more than double your attacks for a round (particularly since this track encourages getting attacked by multiple opponents), which is a huge damage boost. It also doesn't list an action cost.

chaos_redefined

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Wrath
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 08:44:33 AM »
C1 is dropped down to level damage and # of circles to hit.  Should be more reasonable that way.  An enemy can avoid it by having his ally attack you.

C4 requires you to survive, yes.  But you have two defensive tracks to go with this one.  So...  should be ok.  As long as a couple of enemies survive, it should be plenty.

C5 is fixed.  Now deals damage equal to your level when they hit you.