Author Topic: Super Saiyan Build  (Read 907 times)

Djtooth

• Rogue
  • Elite
  • Tourist wielding a Pez dispenser that holds kunai.
  • Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Eye of Seeing
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Super Saiyan Build
« on: April 17, 2017, 12:31:35 PM »
Build One
Rage- To go Super Saiyan, fury bonuses are thematically appropriate.
Discipline of the Crane- Flight, instantaneous transmission, revival, this track is full of super Saiyan flavor.
Discipline of the Dragon- Either Careful sun or the indomitable saiyan, or reckless moon for an untouchable saiyan. Saiyans are fearless, and keep fighting at 100% or higher when they are taking a beating.

Build Two
Dervish- Turn super Sayian, and unleash your super speed.
Path of Ancestors- More initiative, Faster healing, And immunity to damage, this screams front line fighter.
Acrobatic Adept- Sayians are fantastic at dodging melee attacks, mainly because if they are hit they must spend the next thirty minutes gliding through mountains.
*Take a feat or item that grants flight.

**Both would need to have at least two weapons. Ki Blast [Distant 1] [Elemental- Electricity] [Parrying] & Martial Arts [Brutal 3] or [Brutal 2] [Magnum]

Any suggestions on how to improve these? Currently their weapons can be disarmed, but I don't think combat maneuvers from Discipline of the Serpent would fit here.
Two dictionaries and a chicken were playing tag one day, they are joined by a tree and some marshmallows.

Tim4488

• Elite
  • Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Super Saiyan Build
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 11:13:50 PM »
I might do one as FBI to add Acrobatic Adept or Path of the Ancestors to the first build (or vice versa, really).
"MY BLADE THIRSTS FOR MORE LEGEND." - Valixes

My homebrew.

Djtooth

• Rogue
  • Elite
  • Tourist wielding a Pez dispenser that holds kunai.
  • Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Eye of Seeing
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 01:24:54 AM »
Any ideas to better incorporate the ranged abilities of saiyans?
Two dictionaries and a chicken were playing tag one day, they are joined by a tree and some marshmallows.

Koeh

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 06:11:32 PM »
While Rage/Dervish grant and excellent transformation power boost, and if that's the flavor or mechanic you want, you really can't beat that.  My Saiyan build would be:

Base Class Paladin
Medium: Knowing - Extra health, bonus to saves, a mountain of immunities, aura that gives of light, blindsight (aka energy sensing).  etc
Fast: - 7 circles of war, Smiting.  No Saiyan will go into a fight at full strength, it's always a build up to reach their full potential.  An this just encapsulates that. 
Slow: Air Elemental:  Gust I feel is the perfect KI blast option.  You replace your melle Attacks with these ranged attacks.  You even have a charge up option.  You also get flight, fast movement (i like to think of Vacuum Wave as sort of Goku's after image from original DB)
FBI (Cause no Saiyan worth his salt needs a weapon... TRUNKS!):  No great ideas here, but I'd go path of ancestors for more ability to take punishment, fast healing etc. 

Grab the feat Battleforged for a "martial arts" weapon, it's natural so you can't be disarmed, also give you some extra armor since by the end of a good dragon ball fight your clothes are in tatters anyway. 
https://discord.gg/jJBUc76

Join us on Discord.  Chat with us about Legend