Kalik

• Ranger
  • Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Tables
« on: April 01, 2012, 05:35:14 PM »
Alright so, I have the basics for tables down it pretty much goes like

the code {tr} and {/tr} control the rows            And the {td} and {/td} control the columns           And Everything auto aligns (I had to td space to get it out here)
(replace {} with [] in above statements)                       ladidadidadidadida

But I was wondering, and frankly hoping that there was an inset command to give them lines, as it starts to look bad when it gets larger or you just want more structure to it. I was wondering if anyone knew how to do that.

Yoder

• Sage
  • Miniboss
  • I exist.
  • Ballot Box Eye of Seeing Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Tables
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 05:52:27 PM »
If BBCode's imitation of HTML extends as far as I hope it does, below should be a table w/ borders and header columns:

[table border="1"]
[th]Header 1[/th]
[th]Header 2[/th]
Data 1,1Data 1,2
Data 2,1Data 2,2
[/s]

Well, that didn't work. Since that didn't work, I don't think BBCode supports it.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 05:54:02 PM by Yoder »
"Trifles go to make perfection, and perfection is no trifle."
~ Michelangelo

My Homebrew

My friend just shared this: "Remember that time Gandalf convinced the whole party to flee so that he could take out the Balrog and not have to share any of the XP? Shows up the next session with fancy new robes and everything. What a jerk."

DragoonWraith

• Sage
  • Global Moderator
  • Elite
  • Typo Hammer Ballot Box Eye of Seeing Dev Team Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • DragoonWraith.com
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 07:13:07 PM »
Hrm.... if those who are responsible for such things would like my code for the table generators at Competitor, just let me know. The code was written for phpBB and I don't know how much effort it would take to adapt it, but, if I do say so myself, they're the best table creators I've seen.
Legend contributions: As Above, So Below (rewrite); Reap the Whirlwind, A Personal Touch, Kept Secret, Kept Safe (Professional Soldier); Combat Alchemist (extra track)

afroakuma

• Administrator
  • Elite
  • Prayer Wing Scroll of Scribes Problem Solver RoC Staff Art Aficionado Eye of Seeing Aquarius Dev Team
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 07:18:51 PM »
You can forward it to Delvin, he's agreed to look over alternatives.