Author Topic: Quick Rules Question on Burning  (Read 470 times)

SilvanStormrage

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Quick Rules Question on Burning
« on: March 16, 2018, 01:01:29 AM »
Hey, so I finally managed to get a group willing to try out Legend (They were going to run a 5E campaign but legend interested them more once I showed them the system) so I was refreshing myself with the system and had a question on how exactly burning (and bleeding I suppose as well) works.

So burning states that the target takes 1d4 damage at the beginning of it's turn for each round it has been continuously burning. I am not sure how "Continuously is defined" is it 1d4 damage for each round they have been burning? Or does it reset if they put out the fire but are immediately lit aflame again.

So in this situation.

Round 1:
Player X's Action: Sets Player Y on fire through lets say Flame Kiss (Fire Elemental Track)
Player Y's Action: Takes 1d4 damage and uses their move action to stop the burning condition.

Round 2:
Player X's Action: Sets Player Y on fire again
Player Y's Action: Takes Xd4 damage.

In round 2 do they take 2d4 damage (They have been burning for two straight [Rounds]) or do they take 1d4 damage (They put it out on round 1 and thus weren't "Continuously" burning even if they were relit immediately after).

Figuring this out would be a great help! Thanks

Draz

• Paladin
  • Elite
  • Typo Hammer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Quick Rules Question on Burning
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 11:44:33 PM »
If the [Burning] got put out at some point, then the damage resets to 1d4 following that. Otherwise their action to put the [Burning] out would be pointless.

SilvanStormrage

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Quick Rules Question on Burning
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 06:45:44 PM »
Not necessarily, if it would reset if it wasn't reapplied before their next turn. But kk I just wanted to make sure thats how the rules worked, the wording is a bit vague. Thanks for the help!