Author Topic: Savage Worlds  (Read 1905 times)

Jeepers

• Mook
  • Wanted: One campagin in Hallow setting, Google+
  • Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Savage Worlds
« on: April 04, 2012, 10:33:12 PM »
I love my Explorer's Edition of the Savage Worlds core book so much, I had it rebound in cloth-back when it started to fall apart.
It has been fun to play in a few one-offs, but I have yet to get involved in a Savage Worlds campaign I really loved. What do you guys think about it?
Contributions to Legend: Feign Death, On Your Toes, Spider Step, Gift of Gab, Bleak, Her Lady's Secrets (initial draft)

VertigoCharades

• Sage
  • Global Moderator
  • Minion
  • Magic 8-Ball RoC Staff Ballot Box Dev Team Dungeon Delver Problem Solver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Savage Worlds
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 05:24:07 PM »
I've heard great things about it. I've read it really does work best for one-shots/really short campaigns though...

AugustNight

• Mook
  • A fool among wisemen
  • Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Savage Worlds
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 05:16:20 PM »
I've hosted a game of the Savage Worlds version of "Deadlands, The Weird West,"  and I have to say I was quite fond of it.
I rather enjoyed the mook's hp scale of "Distracted - Disabled" and the ways a character could play with that.
I also liked the simplified magic system that was more encouraging to creativity.
I think in general it serves as a decent back bone to quick (but not necessarily one-shot) and dirty games.
Beware a goat's front-side, a donkey's back-side, and a fool's every-side. ~Yiddish proverb