Author Topic: Rumble [round 3]  (Read 7383 times)

Djtooth

• Rogue
  • Elite
  • Tourist wielding a Pez dispenser that holds kunai.
  • Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Eye of Seeing
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Rumble [preparation]
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 05:12:15 PM »

Judge Injury introduction
This is the mighty Judge Injury with his two trusted companions the Burly Bailiff and the Crazy stenographer.
The Burly Bailiff has the remarkable ability of recklessly hurting his opponents at the cost of becoming injuried in the process.
The Crazy Stenographer can replicate the abilities of opponents with the power of ultra sonics.

Judge Injury is a Super Wrestler who has stepped into the ring to show Nego and whoever else stands in his way "Who's the Boss!"

Note: Burly Bailiff - Cloned (Lazer goggles)
Crazy Stenographer - Katamari
Two dictionaries and a chicken were playing tag one day, they are joined by a tree and some marshmallows.

Zejety

• Shaman
  • Elite
  • Sage of Heed
  • Typo Hammer Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Eye of Seeing Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Track Overview
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 06:02:00 AM »
Ladieeeees and Gentlemeeeen,
tonight, three super heroes and their sidekicks will duke it out on our Rumble Battlefield!

Will Judge Injury and his subordinates be able to pass their sentence on Nego the mysterious energy being from space?
And who hides behind the mask of our anonymous combatant?

Last man standing is the winner!

Let's get ready to ruuuuuumbleeeeeeeee!

Spread Sheet

Round 1 has begun!
Players have 48 hours to submit their actions for this round in a private message to me.
This thread can be used for discussion and strategizing, forming alliances and similar stuff. Game-related PMs between players are forbidden, please play fair!

I also realized that I have skipped the banning phase. Sorry, I hope nobody minds.

Djtooth

• Rogue
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012, 11:39:35 AM »
"That's right! Judge Injury is here to BRING THE PAIN!"
Two dictionaries and a chicken were playing tag one day, they are joined by a tree and some marshmallows.

Djtooth

• Rogue
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Rumble [round 1]
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2012, 01:12:59 AM »
"Judge Injury still staring down Nego..."

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2012, 02:54:04 AM »
"Nego makes a 'bring it' gesture"
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

Zejety

• Shaman
  • Elite
  • Sage of Heed
    • View Profile
    • Track Overview
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2012, 03:45:22 AM »
"Nego makes a 'bring it' gesture"
The battle rages but it does not revolve around Nego at all.

The Anonymious Hero charges Judge Injury who blocks the attack and creates an opening for the Carzy Stenographer to steal the Unknown One's demonic soulstealing powers!
His anger about losing his power manifests in a laser beam fired from his goggles which hits the Judge, hard.
Seeing the Judge heavily injured, the Unnamed Hero smiles confidently.
Judge Injury's henchman step in to drive away the threat to their master. But their target shrugs them off, taking only minor damage.
But then something happens that nobody expected: The Burly Bailiff reveals himself to be the Anonymious Hero's clone!
A second time we see Laser Goggles in action! But this time, the Unnamed Hero is at the receiving end!

The round ends with both Judge Injury and the masked hero heavily injured. But the Judge's men look very healthy and ready to strike!

I fear this game will end pretty soon. I'm afraid this game does require a few more players to make offensive powers less efficient.
If my fear comes true, I would like to see you guys again in an other round.

Round 1 has begun!
Players have 48 hours to submit their actions for this round in a private message to me.

Spreadsheet

Zejety

• Shaman
  • Elite
  • Sage of Heed
    • View Profile
    • Track Overview
    • Awards
Re: Rumble [round 2]
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2012, 04:12:15 AM »
Incredibly weakened, the Unnamed Hero accepts his fate. Instead of fighting back, he strike Nego, fuling his negativity a tiny bit -and just in time!

The Burly Bailiff steps forward, looks down at the Unknown One and asks, "Judge WHAT IS YOUR VERDICT?"
The Judge's voice booms through the arena, "I sentence this nameless coward to DEATH!"
The Crazy Stenographer leaps onto his victim, brutally slaughtering him and... oh my god! He is growing! It looks like he has devoured the Mystery Hero's very soul!

The odds look overwhelming. Is it still possible for Nego to win?

Round 1 has begun!

Spreadsheet

Zejety

• Shaman
  • Elite
  • Sage of Heed
    • View Profile
    • Track Overview
    • Awards
Re: Rumble [round 3]
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2012, 01:52:41 PM »
Judge Injury assumes a defensive stance and orders his subordinates to attack at full force. Knowing that Nego feeds of destructive energies, he has decided to kill him with a single coordinated strike.

Nego, seeing the two henchmen charging towards him, prepares for the impact. When it arrives, a moment of perfect silence seems to drag on forever. Then, finally, the energy of the combined attacks releases a gigantic explosion!

A huge dust cloud still conceals this round's results from the audience. Nego will have become insanely powerful, should he have survived the attack.
Looks like we will know in just a few seconds as the dust settles...

NEGO IS NO MORE!
The energy being disappeared, removed from existence by the sheer brutality of the attack.

Judge Injury, leaning on the Burly Bailiff, exclaims his victory,

"You have just experienced a Harsh and speedy Trial... Welcome to MY COURT!"

Yup, that's it. Congratulations to Djtooth!
I'm afraid the battle was kind of anticlimatic but I hope you guys still had fun. I'd definitely like to try again but add more players this time  (and not forget the banning phase). Like I pointed out in an earlier post, I expect more players to increase the importance of defense.

I'll wait a few days to let this game sink in and post a new thread afterwards. I would be glad to see you there.
You are also welcome to suggest improvements for the next game.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2012, 01:58:25 PM »
I was in trouble as soon as both opponents had soul eater.
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

Djtooth

• Rogue
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2012, 03:35:21 PM »
Really fun, but we defiantly needed more people.
Also is there a way to do rumble in a 'boss mode' Like a squad of heroes vs one powerful super monster/villain?

Zejety

• Shaman
  • Elite
  • Sage of Heed
    • View Profile
    • Track Overview
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2012, 06:13:14 PM »
Also is there a way to do rumble in a 'boss mode' Like a squad of heroes vs one powerful super monster/villain?
I guess that could be doable by modifying one person's starting energy. But imo a lot of fun and depth comes from forging alliances. An other reason why it was stupid to have that few players.
It was a mistake I made based on a former game that probably had too many players, resulting in the power houses getting focuses down without any chance to fight bak. But one could argue that this is a point of the game, not drawing attention. And looking back, I think it was more fun than this iteration.