Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 36650 times)

Prime32

• Minion
  • Problem Solver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Introductions
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 02:22:50 PM »
I'm Prime. You may remember me from BG (where I'm a mod) and GitP. :P
I'm still getting a feel for the Legend rules, but it seems like a cool project and I want to help where I can.

VertigoCharades

• Sage
  • Global Moderator
  • Minion
  • Magic 8-Ball RoC Staff Ballot Box Dev Team Dungeon Delver Problem Solver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 03:01:21 PM »
I hail from the misty coasts of the Bay Area in California, but currently reside in Davis. A friend of mine read the review for this system on RPG.net, and told me to "buy a copy for him", and that he'd pay me back. So I did, then we both realized I'd be able to download the pdf anyway. Curious about the product, I read through it, and was pretty amazed. A month or so later, I began DMing Legend sessions with him and some other friends, and now we just finished our third one last night. I'm looking forward to more.

I also bug the peeps on the IRC chat w/ rules questions and nitpicks. Don't hate me plz

Bladedwarbler

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 10:25:17 PM »
Hi, I'm Bard Bloom, one of the authors of World Tree RPG.  My 8-year-old wanted to learn D&D, so I gave him Legend instead, and now I'm running an all-ages campaign of dubious seriousness but considerable violence fun in Westchester County, NY. 

Gavinfoxx

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2012, 12:18:07 AM »
Hi, I'm Gavin, I'm in Kentucky. I'm on BG / Minmaxboards / Giantitp / Myth-weavers / etc.

ninjadeadbeard

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2012, 02:28:58 AM »
Hi! I'm Ninjadeadbeard, and I hail from the San Bernardino hills. I'm on Giantitp as well. I'm looking forward to my first Legends campaign soon, so this'll be a great place for me to whine when it all goes down in flames. ;D

ShneekeyTheLost

• Minion
  • Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2012, 02:46:10 AM »
I am Shneekey the Lost, pickled piper of ham-handed. There's a rather amusing anecdote about that epitaph, something involving several bottles of dubious libations and an almost willing wench, but sadly I completely lack any memory of the evening's events. But if the phrase "That's not a cucumber, that's my flute!" means anything to you, please enlighten me.

I briefly took part in the original Test of Spite, from which Legend was born, and I do not believe it is possible to support Legend too strongly. It is, in my humble opinion, everything 4e should have been, but wasn't.

Currently, in my not-so-copious spare time, I'm attempting to put together a decent module. Both to familiarize myself with the system and because I have a tendency to 'sandobx GM', and I think having a one-shot module available to players might be a good way to figure out how the game is supposed to be played.

GRM13

• Monk
  • Minion
  • Ore! Sanjou!!
  • Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2012, 09:58:04 AM »
Greetings I'm GRM13, fan of legends ever since I found out about it on GitP. I love this system and am ecstatic that I'm able to contribute to it from such an early stage and watch it expand.

delvin_anaris

• Administrator
  • Minion
  • Problem Solver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2012, 10:07:17 AM »
I'm Tim, commonly known around these parts as Delvin Anaris. I also live in upstate NY state, and am an avid fan of pencil & paper RPGs who has rarely had the chance to play one.

I was pointed in the direction of Legend by a friend in BattleMaster who also frequents the GitP forums some time around last August, and I glanced at it occasionally after that to see how it was progressing.

Eventually, I saw that there was a thread of errors in the document, and since I have something of a talent for proofreading, I picked it up and started finding some myself.

Not long thereafter, I planted myself in the Legend IRC channel, and gradually became co-opted for the Great Cause.

I don't pretend to be very good at balance, though I can generally see it at a high level (when it gets to fine detail, it really escapes me). I provide general proofreading, sanity checking, and moral support.

I'm also a programmer/systems administrator in Real Lifeā„¢, and I'm applying those skills to (slowly, in the interstices) build a character generator/online character sheet repository for Legend (and its simplified cousin, Comfortably Grim). I also set up this forum, and am its first (though no longer only) administrator.

afroakuma

• Administrator
  • Elite
  • Prayer Wing Scroll of Scribes Problem Solver RoC Staff Art Aficionado Aquarius Eye of Seeing Dev Team
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2012, 11:51:59 AM »
Hm, fair number of New Yorkers.

RedWarrior0

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2012, 12:06:07 PM »
I'm RedWarrior0, an almost-active poster and avid lurker on GitP and someone who is barely active on the Bay 12 lower forums. I hail from Michigan, and will be a broke college student next year.

Also, let it be said that a "Various Nonsense" board will not end well at all.

afroakuma

• Administrator
  • Elite
  • Prayer Wing Scroll of Scribes Problem Solver RoC Staff Art Aficionado Aquarius Eye of Seeing Dev Team
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2012, 12:07:42 PM »
Good thing we don't have one then.  ;D

...yet.

Draz

• Paladin
  • Elite
  • Typo Hammer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2012, 04:06:23 PM »
Hi, I'm a Biophysics grad student in San Diego.  I have always had a fascination with game design theory, and few genres are richer in that regard than D&D spinoffs.

I love a good tabletop RPG adventure but haven't had the time/group to do so in the last couple years.  What time I do manage to spend on RPGs these days is mostly devoted to working on my own D&D-spinoff system, CRE8, which I like to think will be a worthy rival for Legend in some ways.

NekoIncardine

• Mook
  • Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2012, 05:12:22 PM »
I'm Incardine, I live in Alaska, and I do a bunch of stuff. I'm a post-collegiate Computer Science graduate, for one.

Game Design of all manner of sorts is a passion of mine, though I don't get to play physical tabletop very often.

I helped rewrite and retune the Dharma 6 system - ironically, I'm not too big on gritty works, preferring heroic toned stuff.

Melchior

• Mook
  • Typo Hammer Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2012, 05:21:09 PM »
I am Melchior, in North Georgia.  I enjoy building settings, monkeying with systems, and reading about RPGs, though I have seldom had a chance to play them.  My background is mostly in sci-fi and fantasy genres, and I have a fairly significant anime collection.  I am also a Rumbler at the CBR forums.
Sincerely,

Melchior

Hyozo

• Mook
  • Omnipresent Lurker
  • Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2012, 05:24:10 PM »
Hi, I'm Hyozo. Another New Yorker, another fan of tabletop games (really, who here wouldn't be). I've played and DMed other games before, but don't consider myself particularly good at either since I'm not a particularly good communicator in general.

I'm hoping to run Osaka street stories at the FLGS sometime soon once I can get a print copy of the rulebook, but at the moment trying to do that would put me at risk of not being able to afford my pledge on the Kickstarter as my current income is rather limited.
Avatar was drawn by Vulion on the GiantITP forums.