Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 31391 times)

Didgeridont

• Mook
  • Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Introductions
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2012, 05:45:35 PM »
Hi, I'm Didj. I'm a long-time lurker of BG and GitP and avid 3.x player. I prefer sci-fi, Lovecraftian, and high or dark fantasy settings. My playgroup and I are in Kentucky, and we're looking for a new system. The DM refuses to run 3.x ever again after this last campaign ends (I don't blame him in this), and I'm currently engaged in persuading him to run Legend.

Timeless Error

• Ranger
  • Elite
  • Emerald Knight
  • Typo Hammer Dev Team Problem Solver Eye of Seeing Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2012, 06:46:23 PM »
Hi, I'm Timeless Error from the GitP forums.  I'm thirteen, an avid roleplayer (or I would be, if I could coax my group into meeting more frequently), and a zealous Legend fan.  I'm currently playing a third-level Sage in a Legend campaign, and (for the half hour of playing time we've had thus far) it's been a lot of fun.  Now that I've joined, I'll probably go back to lurking, occasionally making feeble attempts at helpfulness in an effort to justify my registration.
Thanks to Aruius on GitP for creating my excellent avatar!

This space is dedicated to Nezzy, the noblest Roden of them all.  May he rest in peace and be undisturbed by toxic chemicals.

My Homebrew

--Timeless Error, Emerald Knight

Valixes

• Paladin
  • Elite
  • Knight of Life
  • Ballot Box Dev Team Eye of Seeing Dungeon Delver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2012, 12:25:15 PM »
Hi, I'm also from the GitP forums. If Legend was a famous movie star, I would be the secretive fan club that attempts to take pictures of them through their shower window every morning by dangling from a construction crane. I love creative metaphors, and I extract sustenance from silliness - a quality that has attracted me to the Legend system simply out of the funny stuff that you can do with certain combos - and I'm here to pitch in my two pence about pretty much any eccentric topic I can lay my prehensile thumbs on.

Tekren

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2012, 02:33:23 PM »
Hello, I am Tekren, go by the same name on the Giant's website.

On the review docs, it tends to use my name- and since privacy is dead, that name is Nick Cusick

I am 31 and have been playing pen&paper rpg's since I was 16.

Geigan

• Team Awesome
  • Elite
  • Typo Hammer Dev Team Magic 8-Ball Ballot Box Eye of Seeing Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2012, 06:00:09 PM »
Oh hey there's and introduction thread I missed entirely. I'm Geigan from GitP and I post about tabletop RPGs that I enjoy. Valixes up there is actually a part of my gaming group, which has almost entirely switched to Legend at this point. We play regularly 1-3 a week, typically on weekends. He's crazy and don't let anything he says about not being crazy or me being crazy distract you from that fact. He's the crazy one . <_< >_>

Askew

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2012, 08:27:14 PM »
Not really good at intros, so...
Hello, I'm Askew, long time lover of Oots and lurker on the Gitp forums, I've been looking through legend for awhile and loved it from the beginning. Have barely gamed in real life, and can't wait to start playing legend with my group.

handup

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2012, 02:30:07 PM »
Hi! I'm handup, I live in Romania and this is my first rpg system. Being a noob, I felt I should join the forum. I'm probably gonna bug everyone here with my stupid questions, so sorry in advance.

Yoder

• Sage
  • Miniboss
  • I exist.
  • Ballot Box Eye of Seeing Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2012, 07:05:47 PM »
Hey everyone, I'm Yoder (no connection with Star Wars).
I've had a lot of experience with D&D 3.5 and find Legend to be fascinating.
"Trifles go to make perfection, and perfection is no trifle."
~ Michelangelo

My Homebrew

My friend just shared this: "Remember that time Gandalf convinced the whole party to flee so that he could take out the Balrog and not have to share any of the XP? Shows up the next session with fancy new robes and everything. What a jerk."

DaviTheEccentric

• Mook
  • Just stands there. And watches.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2012, 10:07:46 PM »
Hello, everyone. I'm DaviTheEccentric, and I'll be your random lurker who only joined because crackpotTheorist cajoled him into it for the evening.

crackpotTheorist

• Shaman
  • Minion
  • Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2012, 02:51:37 AM »
For a reason that ended up not happening. Sorry about that.
Track overview (stolen from Zejety to spread the love)

DaviTheEccentric

• Mook
  • Just stands there. And watches.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2012, 03:00:19 AM »
For a reason that ended up not happening. Sorry about that.

Oh, I would have made an account eventually anyway. You poking me just made me do it now instead of five months from now.

Decatus

• Mook
  • Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2012, 04:50:12 PM »
Hey there folks! I'm Decatus, from the central valley of California. I've been an avid tabletop gamer for something like 10 years now (holy crap I started when I was 12  :o). I'm mostly familiar with 3.5, but found Legend through the GiTP forums and promptly fell in love. I'm planning on DMing my first Legend campaign this summer with a new group.
 I tend to lurk, but I'll try to get better at community involvement.

PaxImbrium

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2012, 10:54:30 PM »
Hi all, PaxImbrium here, finally getting around to making an introduction. I'm a tentative college student in the U.S., interested in practically everything. Don't actually have any tabletop experience, but managed to squeeze into a handful of short-lived pbp games which helped me learn 3.5 in sufficient detail. I eventually lost interest in the system when I became aware of the potential of the balance problems inherent in the system, and wanted a system that would allow something similar without the inherent balance issues. Legend comes along, and... here I am.

Hedonismbot

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2012, 02:47:38 AM »
I am a bad person.

Fako

• Sage
  • Minion
  • Scroll of Scribes Dungeon Delver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2012, 03:29:42 AM »
Hello, I'm Fako, a lurker on GiantITP and Legend's forums. Initially from California, I now live in Utah. I have a group of friends that I DM for occasionally, and I have been trying to convince them to play Legend for a couple of months now. On the rare occasion that I do post, it's probably going to be hiding in the Homebrew or Forum Games areas...