Author Topic: Feat Overview  (Read 2277 times)

iemcd

• Minion
  • Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • The Benign Brown Beast
    • Awards
Feat Overview
« on: May 21, 2012, 05:03:09 PM »
One of the more useful tables in the 3.5 core books was the great big table of feats. Because I wanted something like that for legend, I put one together. Then, because I have too much time on my hands, I added homebrew feats from the forums and formatted it a bit like Zejedy's Track Overview.
Feat Overview

And because I really did have too much time on my hands, I made up some appendices for it, containing harder-to-find feats.
Appendices to Feat Overview

Any feedback is appreciated.

EDIT 22 May 2012: I can't work out a good way to do feat trees in a spreadsheet, but I've done the next-simplest thing and grouped related feats together. The best thing might be to wait for (and/or contribute to) the JSON-ified Legend data set, and then make some actual charts.
I also added "not have Reaver" as a prereq to "Livers Need Not Apply". I think this is correct if not canon.
Also, if anyone can think of a good, brief way to phrase feats involving focus, I'll go back and make that clearer. I feel like it should be apparent that focus points are interchangeable.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 04:48:17 PM by iemcd »

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Feat Overview
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 05:44:11 PM »
Nice. I approve, I like being able to skim through lists of feats. You have elven war dance listed, which isn't a thing anymore.
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

werepants

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 06:10:15 PM »
Very useful. Perhaps it would be worthwhile to assemble a section  just for feat trees? Those in particular could benefit from something like this.

iemcd

• Minion
  • Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • The Benign Brown Beast
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 06:36:28 PM »
You have elven war dance listed, which isn't a thing anymore.
The source for Elven War Dance is "Deprecated", so I don't recommend its use. I just included it for completeness, so that if someone already had it on a character it wouldn't go amiss. Monkey Business has also disappeared, and so is labeled similarly. That should probably go in comments not source though. Full text of deprecated feats is included in the appendices.

Very useful. Perhaps it would be worthwhile to assemble a section  just for feat trees? Those in particular could benefit from something like this.
I did try to group feat trees in an earlier draft, and they might still be ordered together, but it got a little messy once I started trying to account for branches, multiple prerequisites, and mutual exclusions. I'll give it another thought though, because it is something I'd like to have.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 06:38:58 PM by iemcd »

DragoonWraith

• Sage
  • Global Moderator
  • Elite
  • Typo Hammer Ballot Box Eye of Seeing Dev Team Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • DragoonWraith.com
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 11:20:35 PM »
Can Google docs do filtering?
Legend contributions: As Above, So Below (rewrite); Reap the Whirlwind, A Personal Touch, Kept Secret, Kept Safe (Professional Soldier); Combat Alchemist (extra track)

iemcd

• Minion
  • Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • The Benign Brown Beast
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 06:14:15 AM »
Can Google docs do filtering?

Yes, I think so, but you might have to make a copy of it for yourself. If it's useful, I composed it in LibreOffice, and that file is at:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7557505/feats.ods

Best of luck.