Author Topic: Combat Engineer  (Read 3888 times)

Kalik

• Ranger
  • Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Combat Engineer
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 03:50:58 PM »
If they have an hp total then they could be taken out as part of multiple attacks, or strong aoe. Maybe one device that stops them from disabling other devices until the beginning of your next turn.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 04:02:11 PM »
If they have an hp total then they could be taken out as part of multiple attacks, or strong aoe. Maybe one device that stops them from disabling other devices until the beginning of your next turn.
As it is, disabling a device already works in the engineer's favor, as you are spending a standard to counter their move. And I don't want shield to have a device, its meant to be something they can do without spending a device on it.
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

Kalik

• Ranger
  • Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 04:12:42 PM »
That assumes both combatants are on level. However, there could easily be a number of lower level enemies that could have one unit shut it down without really impacting the usefulness of their turn.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2012, 04:19:52 PM »
That assumes both combatants are on level. However, there could easily be a number of lower level enemies that could have one unit shut it down without really impacting the usefulness of their turn.
perhaps. I would still be thrilled to have knocked out somebodies standard action with my move, esp. since that device has still done stuff in the meantime, and its replaceable. And extra move action for extra protection seems fine, but it can easily become too much.
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly