Author Topic: Request a Legend Homebrew  (Read 19223 times)

Metool

• Rogue
  • Elite
  • You ever lose hope?
  • Eye of Seeing Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Request a Legend Homebrew
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2013, 09:11:15 AM »
CBA to do the commenty thing on mobile, but for the low, low cost of two feats, you can make one melee attack per round as a ranged attack (two at level 10!). My Shadow Grows Long, it is.
"Honestly, I don't know if this non-core option is 1.0-ready"

No, it isn't. It may be updated at some point but it isn't 1.0-ready, which is why it isn't in 1.0. Anything that isn't in the 1.0 core rulebook should be treated as not being 1.0 compliant and used with caution if at all.

Psyga315

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2014, 03:13:42 PM »
R24: Is there any sort of guide on how to make Tracks? Either on this site or in the PDF? (If in the latter, which page?)

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2014, 04:39:29 PM »
C24 - there is not. In general, compare it to other tracks and circles to see if it seems in line, and be familair with the specifics of the system to account for them.
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

Psyga315

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2014, 05:05:15 PM »
C24 Okay. I'll keep that in mind.

Jim

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2014, 01:31:55 PM »
Legend PC: Librarian, a Sentient Construct/Demoman/Tactician. AB goes up, bombs rain down :)

Fovarberma

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2014, 09:04:58 PM »
C:25 (I guess?)

A tanking ability that goes farther than melee range (close). Maybe something that would borrow from social challenges? Maybe a penalty to hit allies / a slight bonus to hitting you that you could pair with the in-combat use of vigor?

"Every opponent is considered an opposing party."
"As part of a standard AND/OR move action, you can make a Diplomacy, Perception, Intimidate or Bluff check against one target within your close range. One a success you gain a "dominance token", plus one per margin of 5 by witch you beat the target's defense. You may have up to 3 tokens per target."

"As an immediate action, at the beginning of the target's turn, you can spend up to three tokens to hinder the target's attack ability.
If you spend one dominance token, the target suffer a miss chance on attack, spells and other abilities of 20% except on you. If a spell or ability would affect more than one target, whether you're included or not, roll separately. On a miss, the attack, spell or ability have no effect on that specific target. This is a mind affecting effect.

If you spend two dominance tokens, the Miss Chance increases to 50%.

If you spend three dominance tokens, the target MUST either attack you in melee using the power attack maneuver, or use its power that has the most potential damage exclusively on you (increasing the normal damage by 1/level for each target that it WOULD have been logically targeting while still targeting you), or attempt the in-combat use of the intimidate skill as a standard action. In all cases, the target moves toward you, at the best of its capabilities. This is a mind affecting effect."

Maybe the number of token should be limited to one per circle? Perhaps there should be a way to gain tokens faster or at least on more than one target? As a standard action, all foes within close range? Then again, as a move action that allows for a vigor check (with a bonus, even)? Maybe make two sub-trees: one would try to absorb the hit and go with vigor, another would try to avoid the hit with agility?

I'll also leave a note that I like the fact that at least one power allow to ignore one Miss Chance. Need more of those.

Mephest

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2014, 12:12:13 PM »
R 26
A track that focuses on offense at the expense of personal well-being, like an offensive form of churguic poet

Epsilon Rose

• Minion
  • The King of Unrest
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2015, 06:32:55 PM »
R27

A track based on the first circle of incantation, but without requiring spells later on (that's what's keeping me from using incantation). I'd like the first circle to function in much the same way as incantation's first circle in that it's a ranged blast that can function as a primary ability and either heal or damage at will. After that it could progress by focusing on the heal/harm, benevolent/malevolent, creative/destructive split and adding new abilities that fall on either side. Alternatively, it could work by stacking modifiers on the initial blasts to modify how they work.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 06:35:45 PM by Epsilon Rose »

chaos_redefined

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2015, 09:40:19 PM »
Answering R25
Feat: Taunt
Prerequisites: Trained in Intimidate
Benefit: As part of a move action, you can make an Intimidate check to inflict a -2 penalty on the attack rolls of target opponent within [Long] range until the beginning of your next turn, as long as that opponent is not attacking you.  You gain a +2 feat bonus to Intimidate.

Answering R27
It's kinda the easy way out, but, allow the Elementalist track to instead use Positive and Negative energy.

At the beginning of each turn, you may switch from Positive to Negative, or from Negative to Positive.  If you do, gain 2 [Switch] tokens.  At the end of your turn, you lose one [Switch] token, if you have any. For each [Switch] token you possess, the damage/healing done by this track is reduced by 25%.  (Most creative thing I had to do with this)

3rd Circle: The first time each round that an enemy would save against an effect from this track, if it fails, it is also [Battered] for 1 round. Choose between Energy Ball/Line/Wave as usual.

4th Circle: If you take Energy Wall, and using Positive energy, the target becomes [Concealed] for 1 round.  If using Negative energy, the target becomes [Battered] for 1 round2.

5th Circle: Use Evoker's Fearsome Wrath option.

I think the [Switch] tokens make up for the balance issues of switching over.  [Concealed]/[Battered] seem appropriate for the statuses.

PEACH at will.