Author Topic: Legend Artwork  (Read 10068 times)

afroakuma

• Administrator
  • Elite
  • Prayer Wing Scroll of Scribes Problem Solver RoC Staff Art Aficionado Eye of Seeing Aquarius Dev Team
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Legend Artwork
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2012, 02:44:31 PM »
It's weird, but I kind of enjoy - at least in Core - the characters doing their business in this backgroundless sea of white. It calls to mind - to my crazy mind, anyway - Legend's flexibility with theme and setting. Not that two-page spreads aren't pretty, mind you...

Geigan

• Team Awesome
  • Elite
  • Typo Hammer Dev Team Magic 8-Ball Ballot Box Eye of Seeing Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2012, 06:44:56 PM »
It's weird, but I kind of enjoy - at least in Core - the characters doing their business in this backgroundless sea of white. It calls to mind - to my crazy mind, anyway - Legend's flexibility with theme and setting. Not that two-page spreads aren't pretty, mind you...

I think the class and race artwork might be best for that backgroundless style since it lets the player place it in any setting they can imagine, but I think I would love to see some more spread pages in the GM tools and encounters sections to maybe help inspire prospective GMs for their own games.

Prime32

• Minion
  • Problem Solver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2012, 06:50:54 PM »
So, is there going to be an Art Gallery on the site after it's revamped?

Cruxador

• Mook
  • Problem Solver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 10:17:34 PM »
I love those little line-art drawings that are in the margins. Those things are great, we need many more of them. They illustrate the subject without distracting, they're thematically cool because they look like something that an adventurer might have doodled in his adventure book, and I imagine we get them a good bit cheaper and faster than full art, although I don't know by how much.
Every game should have those things, really.

We also need art for the races, although I reckon everybody knew that, and since the Kickstarter is getting some pretty good funding we can probably afford to go with a full page art at the start of each chapter, which would be cool.

Flickerdart

• Bathtub Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Minion
  • Problem Solver RoC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 12:37:21 AM »
We've been considering doing a line-up of all the iconics - since they cover all the base races, that would let people know the relative sizes of the races.

Would people like illustrations for extra tracks/racial tracks, too?

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 12:56:02 AM »
Of course. I feel that the extra tracks tend to have more raw flavor to them than the normal tracks. Elementalist is all about a theme, necromancer is very iconic, and the various racial tracks are very distinct. 
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

Cruxador

• Mook
  • Problem Solver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 02:42:18 AM »
We've been considering doing a line-up of all the iconics - since they cover all the base races, that would let people know the relative sizes of the races.
That sounds good to me.

I would. Maybe smaller ones would suffice though? I dunno.

afroakuma

• Administrator
  • Elite
  • Prayer Wing Scroll of Scribes Problem Solver RoC Staff Art Aficionado Eye of Seeing Aquarius Dev Team
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 10:26:58 AM »
I'd rather see more art than big art, especially where there are so many things that need or could really benefit from illustration. As much fun as full-page art is, it's also going to gobble up what could have been multiple lesser images.

Greenish

• Elite
  • Eye of Seeing
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 08:52:34 PM »
They do? Is the monk a gnome, then?
Legend characters:

Samael Krane, chain-smoking demon paladin.

Flickerdart

• Bathtub Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Minion
  • Problem Solver RoC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2012, 10:01:59 PM »
Human Barbarian, Halfling Rogue, Orc Ranger, Gnome Monk, Demon Paladin, Elf Sage, Dwarf Tactician, Human Earth Elemental Shaman.

Grue

• Monk
  • Elite
  • Typo Hammer Eye of Seeing Dungeon Delver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2012, 05:55:49 PM »
I have noticed that besides the class portrait, there are no pictures of the demon paladin, while there are several other "sketch" pictures of all the other classes.

gkathellar

• Tactician
  • Global Moderator
  • Ace
  • My right hand was thunder, and my left was stone
  • Scroll of Scribes RoC Staff Dungeon Delver Eye of Seeing Dev Team Art Aficionado Magic 8-Ball
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2012, 06:14:55 PM »

Yes and yes. I think maybe short writeups of them would be cool, too.
Seven is the Number of Legend.
This is my mod voice.

GRM13

• Monk
  • Minion
  • Ore! Sanjou!!
  • Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2012, 08:39:50 AM »

Yes to all of the above, And I would also enjoy some more art of them doing stuff together. Be it fighting, escaping, or maybe a period of relaxing/joking around.

what can I see find the art style of the book pleasing to the eyes.

Yoder

• Sage
  • Miniboss
  • I exist.
  • Ballot Box Eye of Seeing Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2012, 06:56:28 PM »
Yeah, artwork for the extra and racial tracks would be great, though art for the more generic ones that are supplementary (utter brute) wouldn't make a lot of sense.
"Trifles go to make perfection, and perfection is no trifle."
~ Michelangelo

My Homebrew

My friend just shared this: "Remember that time Gandalf convinced the whole party to flee so that he could take out the Balrog and not have to share any of the XP? Shows up the next session with fancy new robes and everything. What a jerk."

Geigan

• Team Awesome
  • Elite
  • Typo Hammer Dev Team Magic 8-Ball Ballot Box Eye of Seeing Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2012, 04:08:11 PM »
Yeah, artwork for the extra and racial tracks would be great, though art for the more generic ones that are supplementary (utter brute) wouldn't make a lot of sense.
I don't know, I kind of want to see what that cyborg gnome from hell would look like.