Author Topic: Soft Launch and You  (Read 3428 times)

afroakuma

• Administrator
  • Elite
  • Prayer Wing Scroll of Scribes Problem Solver RoC Staff Art Aficionado Eye of Seeing Aquarius Dev Team
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Soft Launch and You
« on: March 07, 2012, 02:11:00 PM »
As many of you are aware, this is currently the soft launch of the forums. While we're fine with people discovering them and registering, we haven't made a public announcement on the site yet.

The reason? Shiny!

Yes, Rule of Cool is itching to make this place more distinct and unique by eventually implementing a new custom theme, banners and awards. This is not the quickest process, and will realistically push back the incorporation of other modifications (to ensure that they will be compatible with the custom theme). Stay tuned, and don't be surprised when one day you sign on and everything looks spiffier.

In the meantime, we'll be implementing test versions of certain features, such as Karma and Awards. Until such time as we can assemble our own, we'll be employing the Silk icon graphics created by Mark James and released under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License. This set is available at http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/ and is really rather nice. Many thanks to Mr. James for making these icons available to us, and to you our forumgoers for your forbearance with our woefully uncustomized theme. Some other icons by Yusuke Kamiyamane. All rights reserved. Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 12:49:00 AM by afroakuma »

Zejety

• Shaman
  • Elite
  • Sage of Heed
  • Typo Hammer Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Eye of Seeing Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Track Overview
    • Awards
Re: Soft Launch and You
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 05:06:04 AM »
I guess this is the best place to give suggestions and request features?

I think it would be nice to have an other sub forum for custom resources like statted monsters and NPCs, tools and reference sheets.
There is a lot of that stuff around already and it does not really fit into Homebrew. I think most of it is in General Legend Discussion now.

afroakuma

• Administrator
  • Elite
  • Prayer Wing Scroll of Scribes Problem Solver RoC Staff Art Aficionado Eye of Seeing Aquarius Dev Team
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 09:03:12 AM »
I'd be more inclined to move that sort of material into Homebrew. Pre-statted monsters may not feel like true Homebrew, but they fit the definition.

Zejety

• Shaman
  • Elite
  • Sage of Heed
  • Typo Hammer Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Eye of Seeing Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Track Overview
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 09:18:01 AM »
Should we post reference sheets (like my track overview) and tools like the Operative Generator in Homebrew or General Legend Discussion?

afroakuma

• Administrator
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 11:25:26 AM »
Until further notice I'd post them to General.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 09:19:49 AM »
I don't know if its possible with what you are using, but one thing that I'm ginding annoying is the lack of shortcut keys. I can't press ctr-i to generate italics, for instance. you have to manually type them or press the button.
Also, the font and color selection dropdowns are weird. You can highlight the section, then select the color you want. Then that color stays in the dropdown regardless of what else you are doing, and to apply the same color to something else, you have to change the color away from that option, and switch it back. Its not very nice.
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

afroakuma

• Administrator
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 11:01:17 AM »
Strange; the standard shortcuts for bold, italic and underline work for me. Strikeout doesn't, though. Maybe it's a browser issue?

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 11:23:54 AM »
You are right, it is a browser issue. It works fine in firefox, but not in opera. The color select and such also work properly in firefox.
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly