Author Topic: Rouge  (Read 3666 times)

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Rouge
« on: September 04, 2014, 07:16:30 PM »
Rouge
For when you want to play a rogue but can’t spell.

Circle 1 – MakeupEX: Your cosmetics help you get away with things. You gain a +3 bonus to Larceny, and may use your Charisma in place of your Dexterity for Larceny checks. You may use Larceny in place of Bluff for the in-combat use of Bluff.

Circle 2 – DistractionEX: You’ve got it, and you flaunt it, creating a distraction for your allies. As part of a move action, you may make a Larceny check against an opponent within [Close] range (DC 10 + the opponent’s level + the opponent’s Wisdom modifier) to render that opponent [Flat-footed] against attacks allies other than yourself make for 1 [Round] and inflict a -2 penalty to their Awareness against creatures other than you.

Circle 3 – Face of InnocenceSU: You have mastered the art of appearing helpless, even though you aren’t, to put opponents off their guard. You start each [Encounter] under the effects of the sanctuary spell.

Circle 4 – Sex and Violets: You gain the following abilities:
BeckonEX: Once per [Encounter], as a standard action, you may beckon an opponent within [Close] range to you. They move adjacent to you and become [Grappled] by you. A successful Will save (DC 10 + ½ your level + your Charisma modifier) negates this effect, but it is not an offensive action
   BetrayEX: Once per [Encounter], as a free action, your next attack this [Round] against an opponent [Grappled] by you deals additional damage equal to four times your character level if it hits. A successful Fortitude save (DC 10 +½ your level + your KOM) halves the additional damage and prevents the attack from reducing your target below 1 HP. Whether it hits or misses, this attack inflicts the [Battered] condition on your target. This is a [Death] effect.

Circle 5 – Lingering DoubtSLA: Despite everything you are doing to your opponent, you still manage to come across as innocent. Twice per [Encounter] as an immediate action you may cast sanctuary on yourself, as the spell.

Circle 6 – Mixed SignalsEX: Are you flirting with him or trying to kill him? Your opponent doesn’t know. After using Betray, or twice per [Encounter] after successfully using Distraction against an opponent, the subject of the ability is [Confused] for 1 [Round]. A successful Will save (DC 10 + ½ your level + your Charisma modifier) negates this effect.

Circle 7 – PheromonesEX: Opponents that start their turn in your [Melee] range take a -3 penalty to d20 rolls and become [Flat-footed] for 1 [Round].
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

Draz

• Paladin
  • Elite
  • Typo Hammer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Rouge
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 03:46:46 PM »
Haha, I love it. Helps a lot with "translating" a number of fictional characters (who aren't normally violent in their native genres) to Legend.

Draz

• Paladin
  • Elite
  • Typo Hammer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 11:08:21 PM »
Circle 2 -- why not explicitly make these Larceny checks be opposed by the target's Bluff Defense?  Then it would be boosted by things like Chatty Bugger.

Beckon: Who determines where "adjacent to you" means exactly? The target, the Rouge, or (in either case) does it have to be the shortest possible move that ends adjacent to the Rouge?

Betray: It's weird for this to be keyed off a different Save DC than the rest of the track.  The character sheet for Legend implies that any given track is supposed to only have 1 Save DC.  Given that precedent, shouldn't this ability change to be Charisma-based, instead of KOM-based?

C3/C5: What Save DC is required to overcome the Sanctuary effect?  I assume Charisma-based DC, for the reasons argued above, but it should be spelled out explicitly.

C7: This seems kinda weak compared to Undead C5. But I guess that's ok if the rest of the track is strong enough.

Tim4488

• Elite
  • Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 11:50:53 PM »
I'd agree that C7 could probably go out to [Close] range based on looking at Undead C5, but the [Flat-footed] effect is quite powerful once you think about synergy - it's not just [Flat-footed] to you, it's [Flat-footed] to everyone. Any Assassin in your party, any Reign of Arrows in your party... list goes on...

Maybe just the -3 goes to [Close] and the [Flat-footed] goes to [Melee]? But either way it's powerful.
"MY BLADE THIRSTS FOR MORE LEGEND." - Valixes

My homebrew.

Draz

• Paladin
  • Elite
  • Typo Hammer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 06:05:22 PM »
Oh, one more question: are any effects of this track [Mind-affecting]? (It would make a lot of sense, but it also might severely weaken the track, so I'm not sure what to guess.)

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 02:23:52 PM »
none of it is actually mind affecting. I try to save that for things which are actually mind control
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly