Author Topic: Editor's Highlight Nominations - Recognition at Last!  (Read 4590 times)

afroakuma

• Administrator
  • Elite
  • Prayer Wing Scroll of Scribes Problem Solver RoC Staff Art Aficionado Eye of Seeing Aquarius Dev Team
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Editor's Highlight Nominations - Recognition at Last!
« on: December 04, 2012, 05:12:00 PM »
Hello the Homebrew Board!

In recognition of how popular this section is and its contributions to the Legend community, we've created the Editor's Highlight award. This new forum flair recognizes those who have made a substantial effort to support and encourage homebrewers by giving them feedback on their work.

To prevent token gestures toward acquiring this award, we're keeping the requisite threshold a secret, but know this: your nominations will be taken into consideration when selecting recipients.

To nominate a commentator, submit in this thread their username and a link to multiple posts they've made in Homebrew which you feel reflect constructive and useful critique. You are not permitted to nominate yourself. A thorough nomination will be more helpful to us than a sparse one, but an ocean of links is not required to get the point across - just well-chosen samples of the contributions a commentator has made.

Timeless Error

• Ranger
  • Elite
  • Emerald Knight
  • Typo Hammer Dev Team Problem Solver Eye of Seeing Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Editor's Highlight Nominations - Recognition at Last!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 11:31:30 AM »
Mystify has been immensely helpful in improving my various homebrew tracks, and I've learned a lot from him.  He's given me and many other homebrewers plenty of useful advice.  Just a few examples of various threads he's contributed to:
My Sorcerer: 1, 2, 3
Kitsune_Kinomi's Insanity/Illusion Field
Prime32's Telepath
Yoder's Hunter Nen track
Thanks to Aruius on GitP for creating my excellent avatar!

This space is dedicated to Nezzy, the noblest Roden of them all.  May he rest in peace and be undisturbed by toxic chemicals.

My Homebrew

--Timeless Error, Emerald Knight

afroakuma

• Administrator
  • Elite
  • Prayer Wing Scroll of Scribes Problem Solver RoC Staff Art Aficionado Eye of Seeing Aquarius Dev Team
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 11:40:18 AM »
Mystify has been awarded the Editor's Highlight.

Kitsune_Kinomi

• Ranger
  • Elite
  • I love foxes, can you tell?
  • Eye of Seeing Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 12:10:34 PM »
I'm not sure if we can say this here, but Congratulations Mystify ^^
"The mark of a immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one. "
~ Wilhelm Stekel

"I thought I'd pretend I was one of those blind deaf-mutes."
~ Catcher in the Rye, J. D. Salinger

"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power."
~ Julius Cesar, William Shakespeare

My Moonshine

afroakuma

• Administrator
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 12:59:40 PM »
Oh no, go right ahead. I'm checking all the posts in this thread regardless.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 01:41:02 PM »
Thank you, I'm honored.
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

Sanctaphrax

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 10:30:08 PM »
I approve of this decision, for whatever that's worth.

Exelixi

• Barbarian
  • Ace
  • Dwarfs can do lots of stuff. Like dig.
  • Contest Champion Dungeon Delver Eye of Seeing
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 09:28:34 AM »
I'd like to nominate Yoder. In addition to his numerous comments on loads of threads, he has also made the unique contribution of the Item Scion system, found here: http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/index.php/topic,573.0.html

This system is a gem to homebrewers, especially those newer to the system. It lays down a simple but fun and effective framework for homebrewers to create balanced and cool tracks. A quick glance at this board will demonstrate how popular the system has become, and how effective its use is for the homebrewers.

This may be a slightly unorthodox nomination, but I believe Yoder deserves the award nonetheless, because he has made such a substatntial impact on the workings of this board.
http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/index.php/topic,1185.0.html - A point-buy chassis (class) system. Perfectly balanced by the judicious application of SCIENCE!

""Release your inner dwarf.  Then get him some ale!" -EspyLacopa
"I have no idea what Exelixi looks like. I just picture crow feathers and a claymore." -Fro

afroakuma

• Administrator
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 10:58:18 AM »
While I appreciate the contributions that homebrew work itself can offer, this is not the award for that. To file a nomination, I require links to examples of strong, valuable and/or insightful critique of others' work written by the nominee. The only link you have provided does not qualify. Please feel free to resubmit the nomination when it meets the criteria.