Author Topic: Play By Post: Withdrawal Edition  (Read 189840 times)

Ammutseba

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Play By Post: Withdrawal Edition
« Reply #1140 on: January 30, 2013, 12:43:59 AM »
Since there are Legend natives in this game, I would actually prefer to keep this game here, rather than ask those people to pick up and entirely new board if they want to keep playing. We moved because they took us in when we needed our collective fix, but there's no reason they should have to go anywhere.

Endarire

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Greg Campbell's Portfolio
    • Awards
« Reply #1141 on: January 30, 2013, 02:30:35 AM »
Personal Construct: Is there any hard limit to the number of these Personal Constructs I can have active at a time?

Psionic Blast: The Pathfinder version of this power is the same as the 3.5 version, except the PF version adds the typical +1 DC per 2 points spent on augment.  May I use the PF version?

Psychoportive Shelter (Complete Psionic 97): Since we have a party of 8 + minions, must I still augment this power to hold the 8 of us?  (By RAW, the shelter holds up to 7 creatures of Large size or smaller.  Compare this to rope trick which holds up to 8 creatures of any size.)

Force Screen: May we increase the duration of this power to 10 minutes per manifester level (or even 1 hour per ML)?  It's awfully short (and personal!) considering it doesn't even block magic missiles.

May I make a psionic power version of Magecraft (+5 to all Craft checks for 1 day)?  As a Shaper, it just seems right to have such an ability called Mindcraft.

Arcane Knowledge Invocation: May I apply the bonus to Psicraft in addition to or in place of Spellcraft?  (Not that many Psicraft boosters and I don't have much use for Spellcraft anymore.)

Manifester Bolts: How many of these is too many?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 04:34:47 AM by Endarire »
Endarire, just what kind of character are you playing, exactly? Your questions to SirP have been all over the place. It's kind of like you're making every kind of character conceivable. :P

More than anyone else in the community, Endarire is an expert at asking interesting questions.

RainehDaze

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1142 on: January 30, 2013, 02:43:01 AM »
I think you'd use Dexterity rather than Int, because that's what's specified and one of the feats associated with the discipline changes the ability used.

gparali

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1143 on: January 30, 2013, 02:58:11 AM »
That is my guess too.  Doesn't really matter. I have  relatively high dex and I don't intend on taking a lot of maneuvers that allow a save. I am just asking for the shake of completeness.
Samnemath in MinMaxBoards

sirpercival

• Elite
  • you can't stop the miles
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1144 on: January 30, 2013, 07:45:22 AM »
A few questions.

1) My Machinist will be mainly ranged. Can I trade one of it's disciples with Falling Star?
The one's I am changing are Diamond Mind (Doll's Judgement) and Stone Dragon (Falling Star).
Yeah, that's ok.

2) Doll's Judgement uses dexterity for  DCs. Do I continue to use Dex or Int (which is what all the other disciplines the Machinist has)
Use Int.

3) Machinist gains Weapon Focus for all [Magitech] weapons. Does this work as normal or like the hombre weapons focus we use here? I guess what we use here, but I thought I should check.
Yeah, we're using my version of WF.  It's still not overpowered :)

Since there are Legend natives in this game, I would actually prefer to keep this game here, rather than ask those people to pick up and entirely new board if they want to keep playing. We moved because they took us in when we needed our collective fix, but there's no reason they should have to go anywhere.
While that makes sense, I really would like to move it to MMX.  The "dedicated board" setup is just superior to having threads scattered about.

Speaking of a dedicated board...

Personal Construct: Is there any hard limit to the number of these Personal Constructs I can have active at a time?
Yes, 1.

Psionic Blast: The Pathfinder version of this power is the same as the 3.5 version, except the PF version adds the typical +1 DC per 2 points spent on augment.  May I use the PF version?
Yeah, that's fine.

Psychoportive Shelter (Complete Psionic 97): Since we have a party of 8 + minions, must I still augment this power to hold the 8 of us?  (By RAW, the shelter holds up to 7 creatures of Large size or smaller.  Compare this to rope trick which holds up to 8 creatures of any size.)
Yup.

Force Screen: May we increase the duration of this power to 10 minutes per manifester level (or even 1 hour per ML)?  It's awfully short (and personal!) considering it doesn't even block magic missiles.
Nah, leave it as-is.

May I make a psionic power version of Magecraft (+5 to all Craft checks for 1 day)?  As a Shaper, it just seems right to have such an ability called Mindcraft.
Yeah, that's pretty cool.

Arcane Knowledge Invocation: May I apply the bonus to Psicraft in addition to or in place of Spellcraft?  (Not that many Psicraft boosters and I don't have much use for Spellcraft anymore.)
I don't think so -- there are spellcraft boosters because arcane knowledge is much more widespread.

Manifester Bolts: How many of these is too many?
Umm... any.  I'd rather we didn't use manifester ammunition.
It's a dangerous business, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.

Homebrew Notebook
PbP Char Notebook

Endarire

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Greg Campbell's Portfolio
    • Awards
« Reply #1145 on: February 02, 2013, 03:08:57 AM »
Share Pain + Vigor: You OK with it, boss?
Endarire, just what kind of character are you playing, exactly? Your questions to SirP have been all over the place. It's kind of like you're making every kind of character conceivable. :P

More than anyone else in the community, Endarire is an expert at asking interesting questions.