Author Topic: The Small Rants Thread, because sometimes we get pissed off...  (Read 23689 times)

Kuroimaken

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The Small Rants Thread, because sometimes we get pissed off...
« on: January 05, 2013, 10:42:08 AM »
Hope nobody minds me starting this.

*deep breath*

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!

Okay, so I met this fairly cute girl at an event. Got her Facebook and all. Figured I'd made a friend, right?

Turns out that my usual troubles with Facebook - as in, that I have trouble not commenting on stuff by new friends - gets blown out of proportion here as it so often happens. Now, I tried to do this right - I explained my difficulties and I said I was trying to reach the right balance. I wanted to be her friend.

Unfortunately, it seems the girl has something of a stalker complex. After a discussion a few minutes ago, I think she blocked me.

I'm not saying I'm not to blame, but would it kill her to discuss this honestly like a freaking adult? She claimed she dropped every hint I was being inconvenient - trouble is, I WASN'T PICKING THEM UP, WHICH WAS MY POINT IN THE FIRST PLACE!

*sigh*

I wish this kind of thing affected me less than it does.

sirpercival

• Elite
  • you can't stop the miles
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Small Rants Thread, because sometimes we get pissed off...
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 11:26:20 AM »
So... I had a program running for about a week.  It was near completion.  My computer got turned off by a well-meaning coworker.
It's a dangerous business, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.

Homebrew Notebook
PbP Char Notebook

phaedrusxy

• Elite
  • Magic 8-Ball Problem Solver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 12:43:05 PM »
So... I had a program running for about a week.  It was near completion.  My computer got turned off by a well-meaning coworker.
:o Oh my god... Better leave a note taped to the screen next time (that's what we used to do in grad school).

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Minion
  • Another Forum culled eh?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 01:25:53 PM »
Still deserves a "don't touch what is not yours unless you know what you are doing" speech straight outta kindergarden.

Jackinthegreen

• Minion
  • Magic 8-Ball
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 01:40:42 PM »
I have had a sinus infection (and probable ear infection) since the 2nd or so.  oday I decided I'd start a new game on facebook: See how many tissues you go through in a day!  So far I'm at 12.  And a paper towel.
Boredom is just the time and space between ideas

amechra

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 06:53:49 PM »
That sucks.

On a different note, my ability to distinguish sounds from each-other is slowly diminishing.

And I feel like the world is starting to split between dark and light more.

phaedrusxy

• Elite
  • Magic 8-Ball Problem Solver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 10:35:40 PM »
I have had a sinus infection (and probable ear infection) since the 2nd or so.  oday I decided I'd start a new game on facebook: See how many tissues you go through in a day!  So far I'm at 12.  And a paper towel.
I've had a sinus infection (and upper respiratory infection/cough to go with it) for about 6 weeks now... Going to finally go to the Doctor on Monday.  >:(

dman11235

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 12:00:53 AM »
Frikkin' Green Bay.  They need to just...stop existing or something.  And Minnesota?  Come on, you beat Green Bay last time!  Why couldn't you do it again?  Yeah, you didn't have your starting QB, so what?  You didn't lose last time, which pushed the (very deserving) Bears out of the playoffs, and you screw it away!

FireInTheSky

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 03:58:15 PM »
Yeah, you didn't have your starting QB, so what?

I've heard several commentators say that they like Joe Webb better than Ponder anyway... [/sports]

dman11235

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 04:39:36 PM »
Either way they should have at least had the decency to lose to give the deserving Bears a chance in the playoffs.  Maybe then Lovie wouldn't have been fired and they could get a better offensive coordinator (which is what actually needed to happen...)

dman11235

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 11:37:47 PM »
Not really a rant, but best place for this.  Earlier, when making dinner, I needed to coat some chicken breast pieces in corn starch.  So I go to the spice cabinet, grab it, open it up and start dusting the chicken.  I go to start tossing it, and pause, because i just looked at the label.  It said "baking powder".  I'm just lucky it was baking powder (completely water soluble) and not something like powdered sugar or salt or something.  Or diamond dust, that would have been a waste.

Littha

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 10:43:06 AM »
So, I bought Dark Souls while it was on the steam sale over Christmas. This has to be the single most frustrating game I have ever played, I got killed 5 or 6 times by literally the first enemy in the game.

Anyway, other than being a mediocre pc port the game is pretty good until you come up against this guy called Artorias the Abysswalker who keeps murdering me with a 10ft long greatsword, that he holds in one hand... whilst doing somersault attacks. Seriously, when I read that he was a master of fighting with a greatsword I was expecting him to be kind of slow...

Apparently the devs have been reading too much Berserk because this guy is an clone of berserker armoured Guts

Anyway, this goes in small rants because it is pissing me off greatly...

Kuroimaken

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 05:14:09 PM »
Do tell what your approach to the issue is, Littha, and I will tell you just how to overcome the Abysswalker.

Jackinthegreen

• Minion
  • Magic 8-Ball
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 10:44:19 PM »
Though I haven't played it, I've seen enough of Dark Souls to say that if it's not pissing you off something is wrong.

On a totally separate note:  I'm a bit annoyed with Dictum Mortuum right now.  Why?  Because in his Hexblade handbook he didn't split out the enchantment, necromancy, and transmutation spells to give an overview of the Hexblade's bonus feat possibilities of spell focus in those three schools.  So now I'm putting it together and will make it into a mini-handbook.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 12:50:35 AM by Jackinthegreen »
Boredom is just the time and space between ideas

zook1shoe

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 03:44:18 AM »
My stupid Comcast wi-fi is acting up again. It's pissing me off that I'm paying good money for my internet to not work at all or sporadically.
Do you like DnD 3.x high optimization?
Ask me about a cool 3.5 multiplayer gestalt gladiator game!