Author Topic: Nintendo Worlds Spin-Off (Recruitment)  (Read 24334 times)

oslecamo

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Nintendo Worlds Spin-Off (Recruitment)
« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2013, 05:06:57 AM »
All's well, then. In that case, what can you tell me about the Tellius equivalent in this world? I don't need too much detail, just enough to get from Goldoa-equivalent over to... well, whatever excuse I come up with to head off the continent and over to Elbe.
Elbe is an amalgation of all the Fire Emblem lands. I don't know that much about Tellius, but it would be a region inside Elbe (it's a pretty big landmass).

Wyrm of War (-Wyrmling, +IL/4 fighter feats)
With Martial Study and Martial Stance being fighter feats, I'll have to nerf that one to fixed feats, otherwise is crazy utility with all the schools out there.

Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: January 23, 2013, 05:31:40 AM »
Few questions:

What does the calendar look like in this setting? Holy Day means I need to choose a day of the year.

Do Gods gain 1/2 IL from non God levels like most initiators?

Can I switch the 1st lv Earth Domain spell from Magic Stone to a spell version of Stomp? Magic Stone doesn't feel all that in theme for my character, and Stomp is the 1st lv move gained by the pokemon Legendary Golems I'm basing the character on.

Garryl

• Minion
  • Magic 8-Ball
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2013, 02:55:16 PM »
Jack, if you're still interested in a sci-fi/cyberpunk character, I finished reposting what I've written for Power of Cybernetics.

Sneaky_Sable

• Mook
  • Playing Skyr... Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: January 23, 2013, 03:05:03 PM »
@Garryl:

I have all the module information on modules usable by the "Space Pirates" from the other board, if you need any of that info recovered. Unfortunately, I didn't save the module information for any Non-Space Pirate accessible module at the time, since I didn't have access to any of them.

Garryl

• Minion
  • Magic 8-Ball
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2013, 04:10:12 PM »
Don't worry, I have the raw BBCode of all MaI material (along with most of the rest of my homebrew) on my home computer.

Sneaky_Sable

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: January 23, 2013, 04:21:13 PM »
Don't worry, Sneaky_Sable. I haven't lost a single piece of the material behind one of the characters you've had the most fun playing in a long time.

Jackinthegreen

• Minion
  • Magic 8-Ball
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: January 23, 2013, 04:54:17 PM »
Once again my head goes 'splodey at the possibilities of something I just read.  Thanks for the cybernetics stuff Garryl.

Though I suppose I should reign in my PBP stuff if MMB does come back up.  Lots of characters and keeping all of them straight in my head is something I'm working on.  It's a mix of disappointment and relief that I don't get to play in them all for a while.
Boredom is just the time and space between ideas

Sneaky_Sable

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2013, 04:40:12 PM »
Once again my head goes 'splodey at the possibilities of something I just read.  Thanks for the cybernetics stuff Garryl.

Though I suppose I should reign in my PBP stuff if MMB does come back up.  Lots of characters and keeping all of them straight in my head is something I'm working on.  It's a mix of disappointment and relief that I don't get to play in them all for a while.

The Cybernetics / Metroid as Incarnum stuff is pretty epic. The aforementioned marooned Space Pirate was myself, and I had an absolute blast playing the character

Jackinthegreen

• Minion
  • Magic 8-Ball
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2013, 05:02:39 PM »

The Cybernetics / Metroid as Incarnum stuff is pretty epic. The aforementioned marooned Space Pirate was myself, and I had an absolute blast playing the character

It certainly does look nice, yes.  Like I said though, since it's a bit of a new system I have to let it process in my head a bit.  Robo from Chrono Trigger would be an interesting character to try it with though.
Boredom is just the time and space between ideas

AriasDerros

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2013, 05:32:47 PM »
@ Osle:
As I am beginning to really sit down and do the work for my character, I am wondering if there's anything I should know about the dragons for this? More specifically, one concern, am I going to need to worry about the stones? I was kind of thinking that with the only well known Mage Dragon being really powerful, I could have my studious nature and meekness (for a manakete) explained as a refusal to use the stones while searching for ways for the dragons to overcome the need for them.

Also, I don't plan on using Alter Form much, and since I'm still natively medium sized, I wasn't planning on taking Deceivingly Innocent either. Should I worry about reactions to the whole I'm-a-dragon thing? Should I take Deceivingly Innocent? I mainly don't want to use Alter Form, because I won't be taking damage spells, and will instead be using my breath, and changing forms deprives me of my offence. Unless there's a feat or something to let me keep my Breath while in AF, but the only one I think there is like that is the Half-Dragon form one, and at that point, Deceivingly Innocent would probably be less monstrous. But I'm kind of hoping I won't have to worry about this stuff.

Anything else fluff-wise or fluff-causing-crunch I should worry about?
[It's] More fun to play a character, not a bunch of numbers with a sword taped to them.

Garryl

• Minion
  • Magic 8-Ball
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2013, 06:05:41 PM »
Sable, Sirp, and CNC all have character sheets up. I should probably get one of my own soon, I suppose.

Oslecamo, where (when?) is the world in regards to the timeline and events of the Tellius FE games? Does it even matter? Should I just go with whatever feels right?

Sigh, I really need to start writing this (and making the character mechanically) and stop second-guessing myself all the time. Currently I'm thinking of a character whose "call to adventure" is seeking out his dad, a traveler from some far away land, who disappeared when he was still a child, and I'm trying not to convince myself that it's totally cliche.

oslecamo

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2013, 06:13:47 PM »
Busy busy, only now have some free time to check back on this.

Few questions:

What does the calendar look like in this setting? Holy Day means I need to choose a day of the year.

Do Gods gain 1/2 IL from non God levels like most initiators?

Can I switch the 1st lv Earth Domain spell from Magic Stone to a spell version of Stomp? Magic Stone doesn't feel all that in theme for my character, and Stomp is the 1st lv move gained by the pokemon Legendary Golems I'm basing the character on.
-Pretty much normal "real-world" calendar, aka it works one day out of every 365. You can wait until I decide on what exact time the campaign starts to pick your holy day.
-Yes, you gain 1/2 IL from non god levels.
-I'll have to say no, Earth Domain already gives a nice array of abilities between earth rebuke and the other spells, and Stomp is pretty strong for a 1st level power, even being psywarrior-only and all. You can always pick Hidden Talent if you really want it.

@ Osle:
As I am beginning to really sit down and do the work for my character, I am wondering if there's anything I should know about the dragons for this? More specifically, one concern, am I going to need to worry about the stones? I was kind of thinking that with the only well known Mage Dragon being really powerful, I could have my studious nature and meekness (for a manakete) explained as a refusal to use the stones while searching for ways for the dragons to overcome the need for them.

Also, I don't plan on using Alter Form much, and since I'm still natively medium sized, I wasn't planning on taking Deceivingly Innocent either. Should I worry about reactions to the whole I'm-a-dragon thing? Should I take Deceivingly Innocent? I mainly don't want to use Alter Form, because I won't be taking damage spells, and will instead be using my breath, and changing forms deprives me of my offence. Unless there's a feat or something to let me keep my Breath while in AF, but the only one I think there is like that is the Half-Dragon form one, and at that point, Deceivingly Innocent would probably be less monstrous. But I'm kind of hoping I won't have to worry about this stuff.

Anything else fluff-wise or fluff-causing-crunch I should worry about?
As already pointed out, the dragons that escaped the cataclysm don't need stone, so you can always be one of them, altough "Manakete overcoming his weakness" is a nice idea too.

This being Nintendo Worlds, non-humans are pretty common so even if you walk around in broad daylight as a dragon you won't get ill attention unless you start actively attacking others or stuff. Gorons and dekus and mushroom-people and antropormhic animals of all kind are relatively common travelers after all.

Mind you, dragons are still somewhat rare, and they feature on quite a bit of legends as either benevolent guardians or cruel tyrants, so you'll still get plenty of odd looks.  :P

Sable, Sirp, and CNC all have character sheets up. I should probably get one of my own soon, I suppose.

Oslecamo, where (when?) is the world in regards to the timeline and events of the Tellius FE games? Does it even matter? Should I just go with whatever feels right?

Sigh, I really need to start writing this (and making the character mechanically) and stop second-guessing myself all the time. Currently I'm thinking of a character whose "call to adventure" is seeking out his dad, a traveler from some far away land, who disappeared when he was still a child, and I'm trying not to convince myself that it's totally cliche.
Doesn't really matter. By the campaign time either those events didn't happen or they're an half-forgoten legend of the past. Probably both since half of Nintendo franchises seem to have timelines being messed up and stuff.  ;D

oslecamo

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2013, 05:42:04 PM »
For those interested, this campaign will be moving to the minmax boards.