Author Topic: In need of some Druidic suggestions  (Read 1895 times)

Ithamar

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
In need of some Druidic suggestions
« on: January 17, 2013, 12:12:57 PM »
I'm trying to join up a PbP campaign where the old gods are dead and dying and some new mortals are trying to ascend.  The point of the campaign has not been 100% revealed, but I would eventually like my PC to try and ascend to become one of the new deities of nature.

A huge portion of the world was scarred, blighted, laid waste, etc. when one of the old gods (Erythnul) was killed there.  So I'd like to build a druid that has the power, or will someday have the power, to completely reshape landscapes, control climates and weather, and make vegetation grow again.  I'm looking for suggestions on spell choice, applicable feats and PrC's that would thematically and/or mechanically support this goal.

Character creation rules are:
Level: Players will start at the 14th level.
Class: All WotC Sanctified Classes. No homebrew. No extensive multiclassing. This will be judged on a case by case basis.
Race: Case by case scenario here. I will allow some LAs and Racial Levels. Just ask, and we can work from there.
Exceptions: No traits/flaws. Hate em. In general, avoid Unearth Arcana, as it is my least favorite WotC book.
Stat generation has not been revealed, but the DM has indicated everyone will have very high stats.

Right now I'm thinking the base race will be some kind of fey with strong ties to the wasteland.  Perhaps her ancestors were the original guardian of the lands, etc.  So there you have it.  Thanks in advance for any tips.
Arena of Ascension - Still running strong after nearly 4 years!

Linklord231

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: In need of some Druidic suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 03:57:38 PM »
Sandstorm has a PrC called Lord of the Tides that's dedicated to leading people to water and controlling weather and stuff.  On the flip side, you could take the first 9 levels of Walker in the Waste (also Sandstorm) - the 10th level turns you into a Dry Lich, which might not be the direction you were looking for.

Ithamar

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 04:03:11 PM »
I had briefly considered Walker in the Waste, but the lich thing isn't the way I envision this guy heading.  Though I'll check out the other PrC you mentioned.  Thanks.

JohnnyMayHymn

• Mook
  • Former lord of the kitchen sink
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 08:01:18 PM »
Planar Shepherd

Ithamar

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 01:56:42 PM »
I hadn't even thought about that one, but the sources allow for it.  And level 14 is right when it is about to get the good stuff.

Hmm...  What would be a good plane I wonder?  One of the faerie planes perhaps.

Linklord231

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 02:37:29 PM »
I hadn't even thought about that one, but the sources allow for it.  And level 14 is right when it is about to get the good stuff.

Hmm...  What would be a good plane I wonder?  One of the faerie planes perhaps.

Make sure you talk to the DM to make sure he's not using a custom cosmology.  Or wants to ban planar shepherd. 

awaken_D_M_golem

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 02:41:15 PM »
Genesis spell or Psi Genesis, would work as a
large scale transformation device.  While Druid
doesn't have access to that by itself, a regular
dual caster build would work.

Fluff-wise, if the Druid casts enough Genesis-es
(or action xyz) perhaps the people begin to see
the Druid as a world-savior type.
I miss the BG_Baby's +1 Rattle of Cuteness pic, already ... (sniff)

Is this the Post-Modron Apocalypse ?!