Author Topic: The Dalelands Campaign, Adventure Log  (Read 4642 times)

loganic

• Monk
  • Elite
  • Problem Solver Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The Dalelands Campaign, Adventure Log
« on: January 25, 2013, 09:45:01 AM »
Although this is not a PBP per say, this seems to be the most apt place to put this.

Please explicitly put the date of the session you're referencing and whether it's a character's Point of View/log entry or just general notes.

Don't forget to check out the OOC, where all the metagaming and general scheming/plotting/organizing is.
http://www.ruleofcool.com/smf/index.php/topic,845
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 02:04:14 PM by loganic »

loganic

• Monk
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Dalelands Campaign, Adventure Log
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 12:05:10 AM »
01/19/2013
General:
This is mostly for example purposes.

Pre-Session mostly consisted of level 1 character creation.
We're using Klooge as the VTT, but importing basic character from PCGEN into Klooge's existing char system.

Known classes:
cleric
sorceror
wizard
barbarian
NPC rogue
bard

I think I'm missing someone
The DM was generous enough to allow us an 88 point buy based on PCGEN's point buy. Turns out that modifying the basic point consistently causes a bug.
At least one person in our group seems to have a lack of decent playing experience, please be understanding with each other.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 03:32:08 PM by loganic »

Gypsylady

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 10:28:09 AM »
Hey, your friendly DM here!
We now have a Bard and a Monk as well. that brings us up to six players plus the NPC. My Klooge is now full. We have a fighter in the wings in case someone drops or doesn't want to play anymore, or gets kicked for behavior. I'm hoping I don't have to do that last one.

loganic

• Monk
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 03:30:14 PM »
01/26/2013
General:

Basic inn plot hook
Group of lonely bored stranger who can't cook end up eating breakfast at an inn.
A ranger and rogue were reviewing maps to investigate how increasingly aggressive bandits were getting away without a trace.
All tracks led a single spots. The group's arcane/spellcraft checks revealed Transmutation magic, and a teleport spells. Since the bandits normally struck in the dead of night, a plan was hatched to wait them out.
Out of boredom, our wannabe heroes investigated a nearby abandoned elven tower, from ages past that had since been used by other raiders, including one to have rumored to have left a treasure.
A pair of sprites ambushed the group upon entry,but were easily dispatched. They made a friend of a small (baby dragon?) R.?.  Their new friend shared his knowledge of the local ongoings, including the thieves visiting it ever week and half, and some underground denizens.  Heading down, they met an Unseelie Fairy/witch/mephit that seemed convinced it was the local protector and insisted on them leaving. Insult were thrown, he attacks, the group managed to disable him blah blah.
The group managed to otherwise explore a large part of the area, barring a hive for giant bees and anywhere else that might've led.
They managed to avoid slaughtering/fighting the local wildlife (badgers) or plantlife.
 They did find an odd green pool, which after some magic detection and digging, uncovered a nice bounty as follows.

5000 copper
210 silver
1720 gold
parado worth 50gp
white pearl 70gp
topaz 500gp
scroll case  scrolls
wand of magic missle CL 3
long sword +1

As always, feel free to add, correct, embellish, ect.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 03:33:20 PM by loganic »

tetsu

• Mook
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 03:39:51 PM »
Corrections and clarifications. The wan had 44 charges in it, the scrolls were blur, summon monster 2 i belive, and i don't remember the third.
The dragon i belive was a pseudodragon, but i am not sure.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 04:40:01 PM by tetsu »

loganic

• Monk
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 03:43:04 PM »
02/02/2013
General:

Short session. We ended last session by checking out of the secrets exits out of the cavern
Topdside, we went down what was most likely the bee hive's main entrances. To help our chances of surviving we used a smokestick to calm the bee's. Fortunately that was enough to calm the bee's down.
We found some kobolds, and after a brief skirmish where my char(merjin) almost died after a bad shot, and our barbarian(Grumush)? was badly hurt. they surrendered. We negotiated for info and coin. and came across an ensorcelled door. A ghost let us in after we sweet talked him into killing any Drow we find. Turns out the bandits we've been tracking that have been disguising themselves as drow have been bugging him. He provided some nice loot.
Masterwork, Full Plate
Masterwork Heavy steel Shield
Masterwork bastard sword
Masterwork composite long bow +2

The kobolds endeavored for us to take a half orc prisoner of theirs off their hands, who happened to be from the same brigand/getup as the group we were looking for. With plenty of time to kill, we left him with the kobolds while to made our way back towards the main hive, and shared some of the first honey we found with the kobolds.

Gruumsh

• Mook
  • "If you get in my way, I'll kill you." - Gruumsh
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 03:54:25 PM »
Saturday, Feb, 09, 2013

Updated list of goods up to the date above
So Far this is what i have on my personal list of items the party has collected,
feel free to colaborate with me on what goes where and who gets what I'll
put my name beside what the party and I decided I would get.

The First Saturday, this is what I have on the list I written down.

5000 Cp
210 Sp
1720 Gp
1 Gem 50 Gp
1 White Pearl 70 Gp
1 Topaz 500 Gp
1 Scroll Case with 3 Scrolls (blur, stinking cloud, summon monster 2) 450 Gp
1 Wand of Magic Missle 2.2k Gp
1 Longsword +1 2315 Gp - Grummsh

The Second Saturday...

1 Masterwork Full Plate
1 Masterwork Heavy steel Shield
1 Masterwork bastard sword - Grummsh
1 Masterwork composite long bow +2 - Grummsh

and the most recent as of today...

2 Studded Leather Armor
6 MasterWork Great Axes - 1 Grummsh
3 Mighty Composite Longbows +2 - 1 Bree
100 Arrows
60 Arrows, silvered
3 Daggers, silvered -1 Bree
3 climbers kits - 1 Bree
1 MasterWork Scalemail
1 Quarter Staff
1 MasterWork Light Crossbow
10 Bolts
10 Silverd Bolts
1 Dagger
2 Tangle Foot Bags
2 Potions Cure Light Wounds
2 Potions CatsGrace - 1 Tetsu
1 Splintmail Armor
1 Large Steel Shield
1 MasterWork Morningstar - Ostric? Im not sure.
1 Light Crossbow
10 Bolts
10 Slivered Bolts
1 Scroll Protection From Elements
2 Scroll Cure Light Wounds
4 Keys
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 06:04:57 PM by Gruumsh »

Sorcerer: "Gruumsh! What do u think of all this, my friend."
Gruumsh: "If you get in my way, I'll kill you."

loganic

• Monk
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 03:14:23 PM »
02/09
General:

We found the the core of the bee's hive; the queen's dead. Only two eggs remain, and the bee's are smoked.
So we decide to do the Neutral Good thing. Leave one egg for them to repopulate, take the second to sell, and with the eventually leaving. In light of being seeing a good opportunity with the bee's leaving behind about 8 tons of honey, we're excavating it to sell. Our trust inn-keeper/NPC partner seems trustworthy enough for us to use as a fence and manage our operation.

So we run out of spells, being level 1 and all, but fortuanately the bandit's we're pursuing won't make an appearance until the morrow. Interogation prisoner tells us the portal is one way, and the bandits enter the area from somewhere else. We also find that tattoo's on the arms of officers helps them open and close them, although there's a cooldown period.

He also told us about the base of operations that we plan on infiltrating. the portal open the 2nd floor. There's a kill zone setup from balconies overlooking from the 3rd floor, so a frontal assault is a no go. The 1st floor/basement level, has the portals existing out. It also contains a caged selection of monster. Possible ritual magic? Unknown

So we do the next best thing, ambush the bandits on their way back, kill some, capture others. Leave our prisoners with our new kobold friends, one of the officers died in the fight and we cut off his hand to utilize the portal. We used their suits and disguised ourself, taking our time ect. and that's a stop. Next time, into the Bandits' hovel.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 03:23:14 PM by loganic »

loganic

• Monk
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 09:20:26 AM »
02/16 - No session

02/23 General:
We found we leveled and spent our time updating klooge.

03/02
General:

We got into the bandit base and it looks quite well fortified. Good size too. We dropped the goods of spices, herbs and rugs into storage and went out to learn more.
It seems the base is primarily human and half orc, as far as the bandits go, but the slaves seem a pretty mixed group.
While exploring, I caught one of the guards along the perimeter arrow slits doing some drugs.
I pushed the guard into admitting he had managed to slip some from the main leader's (Sidaless?) stash in his room. I got him to help us go back for more, (with Gruumsh backing me up and Michael covering the guards position). We found the stash fine, but decided to look around a bit more and found a box with magical items. Upon trying to open it, our guard friend got nabbed by a glyph causing blindness. We decided he it was a good opportunity to start something and killed him, and left him by the door of Sidaless's room, hopefully to be discovered later. I managed to Erase the glyph and loot the chest for some potions of healing.
We decided to leave one of the potions in the guards hand (and forgot to take his personal stash of drugs, although we got Sidaless's).
After that we essentially decided to scatter and lay low for a bit.
I went to hang out/help out with a gnome smith near the north,
I know Gruumsh patrolled the perimeter, but I lost track where everyone ended up.

Edit: Did we find 22-23? potions of ____? I know we left one.
Edit 2: On side note, my character is crafting Scrolls of Summon Monster 1, every day, So far count: 1.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 12:51:03 AM by loganic »

loganic

• Monk
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 03:50:18 PM »
03/09 No session

03/16
General:

We were just minding our own business for a bit, when we had an opportunity alone with the leader, we killed him,  and his second in command, and one of the mages.
Lots of loot, none of which I have at the moment.
We moved the bodies to their room.
While trying to figure out what to do next, and maybe try to see who we could find next in charge, we also ended up fighting (killing) the 2 guards guarding the staircase going down..

loganic

• Monk
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 08:27:05 PM »
03/30 General
We got  the gnomish blacksmith to look over our corpses, and found we were just missing a wolf trainer and his pack of wolves. He's holed up somewhere in the nw.

We went downstairs, killed some guards, caught an imp and fed him to the undead horde he was guarding. There's some prisoners we need to sort out, some slaves in the kitchen to free, We also need to round up the guards.
I really do think we can tie em up and just take em to jail, free the wolves, and call that good.

I'm not necessarily against killing, I just think, the rest of these guys are too pathetic to kill, and I have a soft spot for the wolves.