Author Topic: Elemental Empires (Open Game)  (Read 15104 times)

afroakuma

• Administrator
  • Elite
  • Prayer Wing Scroll of Scribes Problem Solver RoC Staff Art Aficionado Eye of Seeing Aquarius Dev Team
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Elemental Empires (Open Game)
« on: February 08, 2013, 07:49:18 PM »
The world is new, the mists have parted, and the lords of the cosmos go forth to create realms shaped and populated according to their own design. Each lord is the embodiment of a single concept, a concept he or she or it hopes to promote, refine and exalt through acts of power that are in accord with the concept they represent.

The lords are subject to the Demiurge, the grand cosmic design, an inscrutable master zairja replete with fundamental essences and predetermined roles for all things in creation. Once a thing is created, it exists forevermore in the manner in which it was so shaped. The first lord to create a thing ensures that no other lord can replicate it. The creations of each lord must, however, attempt to adhere to the unknown but fixed designs of the Demiurge; a creation spawned of a foreign nature will be weak and struggle, while a creation infused with too much or too little power might squander precious space in the final cosmic order.

An energy from the Demiurge known as Iliaster is provided to the lords in every Aeon, in a quantity reflective of their triumphs and failures. Iliaster is the essential breath of existence, the divine fire, the water of life. Iliaster can be spent to create or to undertake other acts of power after the third Aeon.

There are nine Aeons in total, in which creatures with a power value from one to seven can be created. In the final Aeon, each lord will present the sum of their works alongside the seven creatures they feel most exemplify the concept they embody. The lord with the greatest accomplishments will cast a Wonder into eternity to stand for all time.

To join the game, declare yourself lord of a concept not yet embodied, take up three flows of Iliaster (•••) and begin creating. Each flow represents one level of power when used for creation.

Acts of Power
Lords who have completed their third Aeon gain access to these Acts of Power. Each Act costs Iliaster and has an indirect effect on the power of your accomplishments or those of another Lord. Acts of Power may not be used by or against a Lord who has not yet completed a third Aeon.

Barrier ••
You create a mighty rift or towering mountain, some form of divide between the territories of yourself and another Lord you name. Neither you nor that Lord may affect one another with Acts of Power ever again.

Corrupt ••
Lashing out with your aspect against another Lord's creature, you permanently reduce that creature's rank by one. If this would push a creature's rank to 0, that creature is wiped from the cosmos.

Destruction •••
You destroy one of another Lord's Works. This act may fail against Works made with four or more Iliaster. Creatures are not Works.

Great Work ••
You institute one of your Works as a Great Work. Great Works are protected from Destruction and increase in value.

Legacy
Drawing upon the power of a Work, you pass traits from that Work on to a new creature. As part of the creation of a being, you can tap the powers of one of your Works not yet tapped in order to increase the rank of the newly created creature. The new creature must have a thematic link to the tapped Work in some way, or Legacy will not succeed. Works can never be untapped once tapped.

Link
You forge a link between two of your Works, both of which must be untapped. If they have sufficient fundamental relation as determined by the Demiurge, then the link will add some of the value of the more powerful Work to that of the lesser Work, the latter of which becomes tapped. A tapped Work can never become untapped.

Progress 0
Your creations develop and thrive by your design, resulting in dividends for your power. Tap one of your untapped Works and gain an additional flow of Iliaster. You may do this once per Aeon. Tapped Works may never be untapped again.

Reenact
You dissolve one of your own creations, recovering the flows of Iliaster used in its making. The creative space it occupied is still filled unless Unraveled.

Temple ••
You establish a Temple to yourself, attended to by one of your creatures. While this Temple stands and is a place of worship, it provides you with one additional Iliaster each Aeon. If the creature assigned to the Temple is wiped from the cosmos, the Temple will stand vacant until the end of time. You must have a creature in order to erect a Temple.

Unravel ••
Choose a destroyed creature or destroyed Work; it does not have to be yours. You expunge the vestige of that creation from the cosmos, freeing any Lord to create that thing again.

War •••
Choose one of your creatures and one of another Lord's creatures. The two races battle to the death. Weaker creatures have a chance to destroy stronger creatures, although the strongest will never be defeated by the weakest. The losing creature is wiped from the cosmos; the winning creature is weakened for an Aeon and may be at risk of War in return.

World Without End •••••••
You extend great power to keep the world turning. There will be an additional Aeon.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 11:17:11 AM by afroakuma »

afroakuma

• Administrator
  • Elite
  • Prayer Wing Scroll of Scribes Problem Solver RoC Staff Art Aficionado Eye of Seeing Aquarius Dev Team
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Elemental Empires (Open Game)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 09:00:43 PM »
Example

I am afroakuma, Lord of Evil.

I spend three Iliaster to create Vampires.

or

I create Vampires (3)

or any other format that clearly indicates [Creation] and [Amount Spent].

Can also be:

I create Skeletons (1) and Zombies (2).

or non-creatures, e.g.

I create a Rift to Hell (3).

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 09:10:22 PM »
I am Mystify, Lord of Knowledge
I create Scholars(2)
My extensive collection of homebrew
As always, Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

Djtooth

• Rogue
  • Elite
  • Tourist wielding a Pez dispenser that holds kunai.
  • Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Eye of Seeing
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 10:10:04 PM »
I am Djtooth, Lord of Greed.
I create Banks (2) and a Debt Collector.
Two dictionaries and a chicken were playing tag one day, they are joined by a tree and some marshmallows.

Valixes

• Paladin
  • Elite
  • Knight of Life
  • Ballot Box Dev Team Eye of Seeing Dungeon Delver
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 11:07:42 PM »
I am Valixes, Lord of Light.
I create The Stars (3).

Sodalite

• Mook
  • 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21...
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 02:28:37 AM »
I am Sodalite, Lord of Order
I create the Atomic Arrangement (3).

afroakuma

• Administrator
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The First Aeon
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 10:04:47 AM »
The First Aeon of Greed

Banks are created, a powerful Work.
Debt Collectors are created, beings of rank I power.

Lord Djtooth draws five Iliaster for the coming Aeon (five total).

The First Aeon of Knowledge

Scholars are created, beings of rank II power.

Lord Mystify draws four Iliaster for the coming Aeon (five total).

The First Aeon of Light

The Stars are created, a powerful Work.

Lord Valixes draws four Iliaster for the coming Aeon (four total).

The First Aeon of Order

The Atomic Arrangement is created, a powerful Work. (Please don't science this game.)

Lord Sodalite draws four Iliaster for the coming Aeon (four total).

Metool

• Rogue
  • Elite
  • You ever lose hope?
  • Eye of Seeing Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 10:23:00 AM »
I am Metool, Lord of Protection.
I create fair law (2).
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 11:51:43 AM by Metool »
"Honestly, I don't know if this non-core option is 1.0-ready"

No, it isn't. It may be updated at some point but it isn't 1.0-ready, which is why it isn't in 1.0. Anything that isn't in the 1.0 core rulebook should be treated as not being 1.0 compliant and used with caution if at all.

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
  • Scroll of Scribes Typo Hammer Magic 8-Ball Editor's Highlight Ballot Box Dungeon Delver Art Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 10:52:31 AM »
I create Astronomy(1) to study the stars
I create Chemistry(1) to study the atomic order
I create Mathematics(2)
I create Economics(1)  to study money

Valixes

• Paladin
  • Elite
  • Knight of Life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 02:11:32 PM »
I create Seraphim (3), and assign them to protect the stars.

Sodalite

• Mook
  • 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21...
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2013, 02:22:36 PM »
I create Salt (2), the base of terrestrial matter, within the atomic arrangement.
I create Sulfur (2), the essence of terrestrial animation, within the atomic arrangement

(Does that still qualify as sciencing the game?)

afroakuma

• Administrator
  • Elite
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The First Aeon
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 02:55:16 PM »
The Second Aeon of Knowledge

Astronomy is created, a powerful Work.
Chemistry is created, a powerful Work.
Mathematics is created, a powerful Work.
Economics is created, a powerful Work.

Scholars exist, a rank II creature.

Lord Mystify draws four Iliaster for the coming Aeon (four total).

The Second Aeon of Light

Seraphim are created, limited beings of rank III power.

The Stars exist, a powerful Work.

Lord Valixes draws four Iliaster for the coming Aeon (five total).

The Second Aeon of Order

Salt is created, a powerful Work.
Sulfur is created, a powerful Work.

Atomic Arrangement exists, a powerful Work.

(I really don't know what you're up to, but if you're trying to out-fundamental the others, it won't work.)

Lord Sodalite draws three Iliaster for the coming Aeon (three total).

The First Aeon of Protection

Fair Law is created, a powerful Work.

Lord Metool draws four Iliaster for the coming Aeon (five total).

Mystify

• Sage
  • In Mithril Reborn
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2013, 03:13:37 PM »
I create grand Universities(4) to faster the development, sharing, and advancement of knowledge

Greybender

• Elite
  • Eye of Seeing Ballot Box
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2013, 03:27:08 PM »
I am Greybender, Lord of Madness
I Create Hope(3)
The game would implode into rocket tag in a twisted mockery of all that is wrong with 3.5, angels would weep and the skies would fall, and it would all be your fault. Yours and yours alone.

Valixes

• Paladin
  • Elite
  • Knight of Life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2013, 03:40:27 PM »
Knowing that there is no Light without Darkness to contrast it, I create Hêlēl (5), the vast void between the stars.